View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
dette
Almost a VIP

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dette
Re: Anyones battery actualy last a full day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanGrey View Post
There is a difference between discharging a Li-ion battery and letting it discharge to the point that the phone turns off. The charging circuit inside the phone estimates how much battery power is left by measuring the time it takes to charge and build an average for that device. If the charging circuit gets reset at night a few hours before you set the phone to recharge (as it would if you flashed the new ROM after work) then the circuit believes that the battery took a full charge in very little time.

As someone said Li-ion or Li-poly cells do not get a memory, and they do not need to be periodically fully discharged to reduce the risk of a momory, in fact it is a bad idea to fully discharge a Li-ion or Li-poly cell because it will not be able to work again.

However the device has a circuit that controls charging, and will not let the cell be discharged lower than say 3V. SO when you see a battery is empty, it is actually only aproaching 3V for example. And then the phone turns off.

By letting the phone run down several times in a row, you teach the charging circuit the actuall remaining capacity of the battery so that it can estimate the actual battery life.
Hmm iv let it die once and then plugged it in about 5 min afterwards... but im a little hesitant about doign it a lot in a row.. it did seem to help a little doing it once.. i guess i do have insurance t oget a new battery if i kill it lol

i might try it..

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!