PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 12:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to know when in Rev A?

i just used site above with 1mb file and received 374 kbit/sec
that looks like horse Sh*t to me ....
i did again n now got 676 kbit/sec
570 kbit/sec
787 kbit/sec

these speeds are all over the place
Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i just used site above with 1mb file and received 374 kbit/sec
that looks like horse Sh*t to me ....
i did again n now got 676 kbit/sec
570 kbit/sec
787 kbit/sec

these speeds are all over the place
That's been my experience. Speed is variable, by a lot. EVDO naturally has bursting, so your average speed can be very different, especially using a sample as small as 1 MB. 374 down is well within normal range, albeit on the lower half.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I see a lot of members sig with speeds over 1000 down and 300 up more or less here. I did not know that it was tethered at first. I never hit that speed on my phone. I use pocket speed test which is free. I only get 600 more or less. I tried to tether using BT and speedtest. I hit about 1200 down and 300 up more or less.Hmmm. I think by tethering, The PC enhances the speed of the the connection because we are using a more powerful hardware. Try the speedtest within the phone. I wanna see who hits more than 1000. anyone? get the file here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ocketspeedtest

Post your result. if U can capture the screen is better for more credibility.

Last edited by jethro_static; 07-18-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I see a lot of members sig with speeds over 1000 down and 300 up more or less here. I did not know that it was tethered at first. I never hit that speed on my phone. I use pocket speed test which is free. I only get 600 more or less. I tried to tether using BT and speedtest. I hit about 1200 down and 300 up more or less.Hmmm. I think by tethering, The PC enhances the speed of the the connection because we are using a more powerful hardware. Try the speedtest within the phone. I wanna see who hits more than 1000. anyone? get the file here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ocketspeedtest

Post your result. if U can capture the screen is better for more credibility.
Well, I might be wrong, but I believe that the render time for a page factors in to the speed. Amount of data/time=speed, but since time is dependent on the render time as well... Since pocket ie will take a second or 20 extra to render any page, the speed is really cut down. Using a PC, the page render time is virtually nonexistant, so you'll get a nice burst speed for a small file (like a 1 mb file).
Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 AM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

BTW, rev a is 600-1400 kbs if i'm not mistaken.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

livinonnosleep is a n00b

actually rev a is faster i used to get 1400kbps on my 6700 while tethered all the time, which is not rev a capable. Upload is usually a better indicator I agree. I'd say anything larger than 300 is a good sign although its supposedly up to 700 kbps for upload in rev a. i've seen pc cards that get over 2.0mbps in rev a but it fluctuates greatly like mentioned here before. The fastest i have seen on a tethered ppc is 1900 kbps, that was with a touch with rev a radio upgrade. It's best to test it tethered, the results are more accurate. If you do use it from your phone test from pie. the larger the file size the more accurate the reading.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
BTW, rev a is 600-1400 kbs if i'm not mistaken.
The 1800 in my sig is Rev 0 but USB, not bluetooth.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
The 1800 in my sig is Rev 0 but USB, not bluetooth.
those are awesome tethered speeds. My upload is a lil faster though. See the thing with tethering and using speedtest.net, U pick a server among many. every server results vary. Meaning, there are servers that are faster than the other. Wonder why there are fast mirrors on downloads? That is why I think tethering and testing using this servers are inacurate. If the server is fast, of course ur internet is fast. That is why I only trust the speedtest within the phone itself coz it's the real speed my phone can do.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
those are awesome tethered speeds. My upload is a lil faster though. See the thing with tethering and using speedtest.net, U pick a server among many. every server results vary. Meaning, there are servers that are faster than the other. Wonder why there are fast mirrors on downloads? That is why I think tethering and testing using this servers are inacurate. If the server is fast, of course ur internet is fast. That is why I only trust the speedtest within the phone itself coz it's the real speed my phone can do.
True, but i always use the las vegas one. even though it says my internet is coming from la. any idea what that is about?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:53 PM
╚════════════════╝

I think ur phone is using sprint's server from L.A. to connect to the internet. But not 100% sure though
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue