PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to know when in Rev A?

Rev 0 down averages 400-700 kbps down, and burst of up to 2.4 mbps.
Rev 0 up averages 50-70 kbps, and burst of up to 123 kbps.
Rev A down averages 450-800 kbps down, and burst of up to 3.1 mbps.
Rev A up averages 300-400 kbps, and burst up to 1.8 mbps.

So the easiest way to tell is if you can get above 123 kbps upload, then you are definitely using Rev. A.
Also, please note that many bandwidth tests use a relatively small amount of data to measure your bandwidth, and as such you are much more likely to acheive bursting rates. Don't mistake them for sustained downloads.

Last edited by qbunnie; 07-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats what i figured
Old 07-19-2008, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch and Sprint Mogul

dornier is a n00b

Folks,

I changed the EVDO setting from ENABLED to DISABLED and my internet download speeds increased dramatically! I know some of you are saying that changing that setting shouldn't increase download speeds, but it did for me. When I had it set to ENABLED, it was like watching paint dry to load pages. Whenever I used PIE, Netfront 3.5, or Opera 9.5 (new official beta as of a couple of days ago) to check download speeds on various sites like DSL reports and others, the speeds were in the 200-350 kbits per second rate for downloads. Ever since I changed it to DISABLED, my speeds are in the 700-980 kbits per second range if not higher consistantly. But if download speeds are not a good indication, the fact that the pages are loading way faster says that changing the setting to DISABLED works for some of us.

So if your data speeds are slow, give it a shot. The best thing that could happen is that your speeds will improve.

GP
Old 07-19-2008, 02:45 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornier View Post
Folks,

I changed the EVDO setting from ENABLED to DISABLED and my internet download speeds increased dramatically! I know some of you are saying that changing that setting shouldn't increase download speeds, but it did for me. When I had it set to ENABLED, it was like watching paint dry to load pages. Whenever I used PIE, Netfront 3.5, or Opera 9.5 (new official beta as of a couple of days ago) to check download speeds on various sites like DSL reports and others, the speeds were in the 200-350 kbits per second rate for downloads. Ever since I changed it to DISABLED, my speeds are in the 700-980 kbits per second range if not higher consistantly. But if download speeds are not a good indication, the fact that the pages are loading way faster says that changing the setting to DISABLED works for some of us.

So if your data speeds are slow, give it a shot. The best thing that could happen is that your speeds will improve.

GP
do u mean that u disabled the rev a on the ppst settings?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g

rockyjay79 is just getting started

Quote:
Folks,

GP
How do you adjust these settings? where are they found in the menus?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch and Sprint Mogul

dornier is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
do u mean that u disabled the rev a on the ppst settings?

On the dialpad I keyed in ##778#, entered the code, selected "view info" from the left soft key, then "data parameters", then changed EVDO setting from ENABLED to DISABLED.

I got my MSL code when I changed from a Mogul to the Touch on the Sprint website.

Hope this helps,

GP
Old 07-19-2008, 10:32 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
On the dialpad I keyed in ##778#, entered the code, selected "view info" from the left soft key, then "data parameters", then changed EVDO setting from ENABLED to DISABLED.

I got my MSL code when I changed from a Mogul to the Touch on the Sprint website.

Hope this helps,

GP
I see rev a setting on mine. Not evdo. I tried this before but I get the same results.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue