PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVDO solution for Cloned 6800/6900!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawkstrot View Post
My password in HEX is just a bunch of 0x00, anyone else?

Be sure to click "READ" so that it loads your phone's settings

-CC
Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Also make sure you make note of the first line, even though in this tutorial it suggests skipping it to 1-15... Just make sure 0-15 are the same, length on mine were different.

-CC
Old 05-30-2008, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero
Threadstarter

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

i realized after doing this method over..that not even putting secret in the ha shared secret area..thats what gets evdo
Old 05-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PrettyRican1981 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: EVDO solution for Cloned 6800/6900!!!!!

i wish i were able to complete this process, but using the method posted above i am not able to read the information from the phone i am trying to clone (samsung upstage m620) it returns: DIAG Error Recieved: Invalid Parameter Response, when trying to read NV item 01192. Everying else has been successfully cloned including ESN and NAI profiles, Phone works perfect, as well as sms. Still stuck on EVDO and 1x. Any suggestions? The touch i am currently trying to clone to, was previously activated and was fully functional on another SPCS account, so i dont kno what to next, any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue 6900
Carrier: Aliant / Bell

Omerta6 is a n00b
Re: evdo authentication

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Ok where kaeslumz sent you was the right track, but wasn't for the same apllication, so you don't follow ALL the steps mentioned in that thread.

##786 resets your phone's ESN etc.. So you don't want to do that in your case.

You do need to get the HDR settings right in ##778 security menu option.

If you did what it suggests in this thread, then all you are missing is your username. On Sprint it's HEXESN@hcm.sprintpcs.com. Don't know what provider you're on, but on Sprint you also do not need the PPP settings, so if you have some and are on Sprint, you should clear them.

Make sure you power your radio off and on so it tries to re-authenticate evdo. (airplane mode on / off)

You can use ##DEBUG (##33284) to view HDR and see if AAA authenticated.

Happy surfing..

Hope that helps,

-CC

P.S. I recommend using QPST to backup and restore the service programming. You still need to do these edits manually though.
Thanks for the help. It seems that my MIP Default Profile will not keep its settings. It will always revert back to telus for some reason. Any ideas?

(I cant get on 1X yet either BTW)
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeslumz View Post
will need someone else to test this. This was tested using an esn from an active mogul and entering the information on a cloned touch.
1. Change ESN from mogul to touch.
2. Enter mdn and msid via ##msl#.
3. Change all information in M.IP default and M.IP customer to match Mogul.
4. Not needed
5. Open Qpst Version 2.7 build 215
6.Go to Qpst Start Clients EFS explorer Enter MSL
7.Exit efs explorer
8. now open QXDM version 3.09.19
9. Once in QXDM go to NV ITEMs then to hdr_an_auth_passwd_long ITEM 01192 located in the Data Category.
10.Write down all the hex vales skip the first start with password 0-15
11. Now go to QPST service programming
12.Click read from phone
13.Then go to M IP Profile
14.click profile 0
15.then go to AAA shared secret and enter the hex values u wrote down do not use 0x00 just 00 and so on
16.now click ok
17.then click write to phone
18.then exit
19.now go to phone and enter ##778#
20.now go to edit
21.then go to M.IP default profile
22.make sure HA shared secret says secret in lowercase
23.click menu ok then reset

i dont take credit for this. I did some searching and found this. it works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY
if you gonna copy and paste my solutions you could at least give credit and post the site you got the information from........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
X Communicated User

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyRican1981 View Post
i wish i were able to complete this process, but using the method posted above i am not able to read the information from the phone i am trying to clone (samsung upstage m620) it returns: DIAG Error Recieved: Invalid Parameter Response, when trying to read NV item 01192. Everying else has been successfully cloned including ESN and NAI profiles, Phone works perfect, as well as sms. Still stuck on EVDO and 1x. Any suggestions? The touch i am currently trying to clone to, was previously activated and was fully functional on another SPCS account, so i dont kno what to next, any help would be much appreciated.

reason why you cant do this is because i didnt post the rest of the solution
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:59 PM
X Communicated User

also the method provided was written specifically for a sprint touch/mogul and was not tested for any other carriers
Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero
Threadstarter

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
if you gonna copy and paste my solutions you could at least give credit and post the site you got the information from........

i honestly had forgot where i got the solution from..i actually tried several...i just sent that solution to myself and tried it one day and it worked..so i figured since it worked for me..post it in here...

if u want credit..uve got it..cuz this helped me out alot..
thats why i said i take no credit for this..at the bottom of where i posted it..
Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

mjstallion is becoming a great contributor

What is the point of this, is it to be able to tether of our old Titans while using our Touch for phone calls? Would we be able to use both at the same time?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue