PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 12:54 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: time change?

you know, I don't even change time zones, but this topic caught my attention, because I can't believe there's no nifty app or plugin of some kind that does this, even one left over from wm2003. (((some 2003se apps work with "stock" roms,,, !!!!!!!!! no2chem's latest as well as others have removed much of the "legacy" programming..!!!!!!!! just an fyi.)))
Old 05-25-2008, 09:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint Touch

mvpilot172 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think it is a winmo 6.0 problem that is supposed to be fixed w/ 6.1, I remember reading a list of fixes someplace
Old 05-31-2008, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Threadstarter

tom_brady is a n00b

these little tidbits are becoming troublesome and annoying indeed...we should riot and show them we are serious. fix our problems!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

sketchy09 is a n00b

My understanding of time handiling (based on my recent experience) is that the phone will synchronize to the cell towers (this setting is under settings -> phone -> time synchronization), but the actual time zone (i.e. time stamp of appointments) does not change unless you manually change it in clock settings. As an example, I have a dinner date in NY scheduled for 11 pm EDT (8 pm PDT), but I'm still in LA. If I left LA at 12 pm PDT and arrived in NY at 6pm PDT/9 pm EDT, the phone will sync to the towers so the new time will read 9 pm. However, the appointment will still display as being at 8 pm b/c the phone still thinks I'm in PDT (UTC -8 ), just three hours later. But, if I manually change the time zone, the time will read 9 pm AND the appointment will shift to 11 pm b/c now the phone knows I'm in EDT (UTC -5). So, in order for your appointments to shift, you need to manually change the time zone; if you just want the displayed time to shift, you need to sync to the cell towers.

-R

EDIT: as to WHY one would want appointments to shift as I described, Outlook 2007 allows the creation of appointments based on time zones, so I can create my dinner date above as 11 pm EDT from within Outlook, it syncs to my server, then to my phone, so it then becomes necessary to change time zones. I believe all of these MS products store appointments with UTC time, then display them on the local machine based on the time zone of that machine.

Last edited by sketchy09; 06-01-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)
Carrier: sprint

theevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartheevilmonkee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i have the same problem w/ my mogul!! its really annoying x-(
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue