PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which option enables Rev A?
Enable means Enable 54 63.53%
Disable means Enable 31 36.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rev A.. Enabled or Disabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
Enable = DISABLED, Disable = ENABLED. This has been discussed in depth with screen shots of speedtest comparisons in other posts.
Not sure where you found that (and don't feel like looking for it), but I DEFINITELY have Rev A, and mine is set to Enabled. So, at least in my case, you've got that backwards.

YMMV
Old 05-13-2008, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
Everyone is complaining about gps not locking on but for me i never broke 1000kb on my phone yet... i rather have faster dl speed then gps.
me too!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sorry - how do I confirm if I got Rev A or not please ? I went to ESPT but could not see anything resembling Rev A...

If someone already kows the threads this has been discussed please post the link, that would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

deadparrot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Sorry - how do I confirm if I got Rev A or not please ? I went to ESPT but could not see anything resembling Rev A...

If someone already kows the threads this has been discussed please post the link, that would be helpful.

Thanks

It's under Data Parameters in the Menu..

And yes if anyone can post a link to the thread where this has been discussed before it would be helpful for anyone coming to this one for information..
Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
It's under Data Parameters in the Menu..

And yes if anyone can post a link to the thread where this has been discussed before it would be helpful for anyone coming to this one for information..
This is true and it was PROVED that with the titan disabled really meant enabled, or it just didnt matter either way. This thread exists I just cant seem to find it, but that is what the general consensus decided on. I just did the same comparison disabling and enabling and sure enough enable REALLY means enable with the vouge. It could have been an oversight with the titan with the double negative thing.

By default it is set to enable and I 110% have rev A speeds. Disabling it without a doubt certainly disabled RevA
Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

deadparrot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by specv View Post
This is true and it was PROVED that with the titan disabled really meant enabled, or it just didnt matter either way. This thread exists I just cant seem to find it, but that is what the general consensus decided on. I just did the same comparison disabling and enabling and sure enough enable REALLY means enable with the vouge. It could have been an oversight with the titan with the double negative thing.

By default it is set to enable and I 110% have rev A speeds. Disabling it without a doubt certainly disabled RevA
Yes I have to agree with you. I was at home last night but I'm at work now where I am sure I have Rev A coverage. But having it set to enabled I am getting double download speeds. I'm not sure what the deal was with the Titan but on my vogue:

ENABLE = ENABLE
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Cool Re: Rev A.. Enabled or Disabled?

I never even thought of this until I read this thread. I always wondered why, after upgrading my radio and ROM, that I still wasn't getting what should be "Rev A" speeds. So I checked my settings and seen that is was set to "Enable". Just for poops and giggles, I changed it:

With the setting "Enabled" 665kbs download
With the setting "Disabled" 995kbs download

I know what has been discussed but I'm sticking with keeping it set to "Disabled" which sets it to enabled.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

i cannot find data parametersunder PST. I have JD's super lite ROM (latest) which is apparently based off of the leaked sprint ROM. Because he uses another dialer (vista, I believe), I have to use the phone codes cab floating around here to get access to the PST settings. Under data parameters, the only thing I see is "packet data string" which is set to #777. Do I have to do something else to see my revA settings?

thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

I was one of the people who started that thread about the titan radio and rev.a disable/enable situation. When it was discovered on the titan it was indeed backwards from what everyone thought. It was as if it was asking you Rev.A is enabled would you like to disable? I did countless speed test with my titanand the only way i could get rev.A upload speeds was by leaving the setting saying "disable". Since the "leaked" vogue radio came out, the first thing i did was to check and see if it was there. Sure enough it was and was set to "enable". On the titan it was default set to "disable". What it seems like to me is since there was so much confusion about what was what sprint reversed it with the vogue. With my vogue set to "enable", i get upload speeds when tethered up to around 500k with latency around 100. With it on disable, my uploads have not gone past 120k and my latency has been over 200. That is def not Rev A. Download speeds are irelevant as they really wont change. So my conclusion is that with the vogue sprint finally made the setting make sense, and it is the opposite compared to the titan.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket!!
Carrier: AT&T

hotbyz168 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
i cannot find data parametersunder PST. I have JD's super lite ROM (latest) which is apparently based off of the leaked sprint ROM. Because he uses another dialer (vista, I believe), I have to use the phone codes cab floating around here to get access to the PST settings. Under data parameters, the only thing I see is "packet data string" which is set to #777. Do I have to do something else to see my revA settings?

thanks in advance.
Install the sprint rom first, it contains the new sprint radio...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue