PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

suanccd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Were can I get astrolauncher from? I've googled all over here and xda dev and cant find a standalone install for it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364199
Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

make sure you create a shortcut by using resco explorer or commander, or something
and create the shortcut variables like this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=30

there really is no point in me keeping the gps puck in the car anymore,lol, speed limit is very accurate in igo8

which is easier. turning on bluetooth, flipping on gps puck, going into gps app, and waiting..
OR
one single click into igo8

yea, thought so.

Last edited by Torx; 07-05-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I am using Igo with alot of success. Just make sure you do turn on gps first. I like it better than Tomtom
Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch on Bell

vluzhko is a n00b

Hi
I just installed iGo8 on my Touch. Ev everything works OK except iGo does not keep phone alive.
If there is something going on and iGo needs to takl then eveything is ok as it lights the screen. But when I go to highway and have to drive 15 km or so it will switch to 2D mode and simply stay silent. In 1-2 min (depending on phone settings) my phone is turned off. At this point GPS is turned off also (do not know why) and iGO lost gps and cannot reconnect when I turn my phone ON again. I have to exit and run iGO again.

I used to use TomTom with Bluetooth GPS and tomtom was keeping phone alive all the time.

Does anybody know how to tell iGo not to turn off the device?

thanks
Old 07-06-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by suanccd View Post
Thanks! I was searching for Astrolauncher, not AstroGpsLauncher, go figure. Program works great, copied the shortcut to my desktop and did a edit in notepad. Now by the time iGO launches up it already has satellite lock!
Thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vluzhko View Post
Hi
I just installed iGo8 on my Touch. Ev everything works OK except iGo does not keep phone alive.
If there is something going on and iGo needs to takl then eveything is ok as it lights the screen. But when I go to highway and have to drive 15 km or so it will switch to 2D mode and simply stay silent. In 1-2 min (depending on phone settings) my phone is turned off. At this point GPS is turned off also (do not know why) and iGO lost gps and cannot reconnect when I turn my phone ON again. I have to exit and run iGO again.

I used to use TomTom with Bluetooth GPS and tomtom was keeping phone alive all the time.

Does anybody know how to tell iGo not to turn off the device?

thanks
Try AstroGPS launcher from the link above. In the XDA thread the developer talks about how its set to keep the backlight on, and the GPS wont time out. Plus it primers IGO in one click. Dont know if that will fix everything for you, but its a start, works great for me. Also, I believe there is an auto zoom feature you can enable/disable in iGO, that should be whats switching you to 2D mode, its kind of a route overview if you will. I disabled it on mine, I like the perspective view all the time.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry for the repeat post... Its VERY easy todo but if anyone wants it I have made a astrogpslauncher link for iGO. Stick it with the rest of the start menu shortcuts in /windows.
Attached Files
File Type: zip iGO8.zip (176 Bytes, 231 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
I am attaching my sys.txt it is still a work in progress. It will enable terrain in 2d, and 3d mode. Enabled a lot more 3d things roads, signs, and etc. Also you can fling the map around just like opera 9 beta with web pages.

If anyone can modify the file and make it better be my guess just reupload so the can enjoy. I will be testing TTS to see if I have installed it correctly as well.

Update:

TTS works great

Features:

Poi dial enabled
Time zone patch
Trips increased to 4
3d building enabled
3d landmarks enabled
3d, 2d terrain enabled
auto time mode enabled
Inertia on map enabled ;able to move app around like Opera 9 beta web pages
gps set to com4, 4800 baud

add option to enable max memory, and reserve memory. Need to uncomment fields and set preferred value.
Cache set to 2048
Removed annoying audio message if gps lost
Removed annoying drive safe announcement
Added estimate calculation when gps signal temporarily lost (tunnels etc)
Option to enable Turns on Smart 2D enabled by default
Ability to change compass type currently set to 3
and more fetures as well to many to explain
Thanks to Mardukeme for the sys.txt file. I have taken his file and actually modified it some more, by changing the angle (using zoom on device looks like the new TomTom and in 3D like youtube video), and addiing a smart zoom as well. It took a little searching, but I found the info over at XDA and thought I would share over here. This really made a substantial difference in my iGo8 3D. I hope it helps your device as well. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Custom SYS.TXT File.zip (1.6 KB, 289 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch!

ObviousMan is just getting started
Wink Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Thanks to Mardukeme for the sys.txt file. I have taken his file and actually modified it some more, by changing the angle (using zoom on device looks like the new TomTom and in 3D like youtube video), and addiing a smart zoom as well. It took a little searching, but I found the info over at XDA and thought I would share over here. This really made a substantial difference in my iGo8 3D. I hope it helps your device as well. Thanks.
Thanks. For those confused where it needs to go (may be obvious for many others): Program Files\iGo8 directory, not the install directory on your storage card.
Sorry, there were some people making this mistake before, just wanted to prevent some frustration...
OM
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Used this file today for my 9 hour drive. It looked great. Thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue