PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edbro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Am So Sick Of This @#$%@#$% Phone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
You don't have to press the power button to hard reset. Just send+end then soft reset. Basically what you said minus the power button
I'm still trying to figure out how that was even physically possible! I have a hard enough time doing the Camera/power/reset button one.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Are you trying to run Activsync on Vista? If so, you cannot, you will need Mobile Device Center to get it to sync. Sorry if you already know this, just trying to help.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache Helmi 6700 and Mogul 6800, Now Touch Diamond

medinatwin is becoming a great contributor

Three different cables and still didnt sync? Sound like it must be your PC. Just a wild guess. Do you have a different computer to try and sync to?

Later,
TWIN
Old 04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch 6900
Threadstarter

bonabob is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
Are you trying to run Activsync on Vista? If so, you cannot, you will need Mobile Device Center to get it to sync. Sorry if you already know this, just trying to help.
Yes I have mobile device center..

In anycase, even though it said "Disconnected" on the active sync, it still did install.
I am running the rev a and EVERYTHING seems to work GREAT!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor

ive had mine since launch. never had a missed call, never had a dropped call, never had a single issue with active sync (across 5 different computers.) i have had it reset on me a few times, but no more than 10 and probably half that. ive probably had 15 different roms on it and the things been rock solid.

in all honesty, being around the industry for 5 years has taught me that certain customers are just plain cursed.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how that was even physically possible! I have a hard enough time doing the Camera/power/reset button one.
I know, I tried to see what it would be like to do after i read that and it was hard. The bootloader mode one(Cam+Power+Reset) is easy for me tho
Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. My Touch is working (near) flawlessly. It is the first one they sent me (no exchanges), and I sync via bluetooth to a Vista box, but use an XP box for any ActiveSync/unlocking style operations.

You may be too frustrated to try any of this, but here are some more ideas for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
I miss 95% of my calls, EVERY DAMN DAY!!! I get about 40-60 calls a day for business and I'm lucky to get about 5 of them. the phone half rings and goes right to VM!!!
Have you tried the CycleSlot hack? This dramatically reduces the time it takes for your phone to ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Every @#$@#$ TIME I try to connect my phone, it will connect for about 20-30 seconds AND THEN SAY "NOT CONNECTED" WHY !@#$@#($(@#$ (*@#$* IS IT DOING THIS!!! I am so livid right now,To do the Rev A. deal I need to be connected, yea right!!
Sounds like a device driver conflict on your pc. One thing to try, if you're still up for it, is flash from sd. If you can get it to stay connected long enough to unlock (quick process), you can then put the nbh on a memory card, and flash without the computer.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Have you tried the CycleSlot hack? This dramatically reduces the time it takes for your phone to ring.
Is this over at XDA? I tried to search for it on PDAGeeks and didn't find anything.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Is this over at XDA? I tried to search for it on PDAGeeks and didn't find anything.
Im curious to know what the "CYCLESLOT HACK" is as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D

Never mind, I found it:

You may have noticed that when someone calls you it may take several rings on their end before the Touch begins to ring. The reason for this delay is the “slot cycle index,” or how often your Touch polls the towers for an incoming call. Default appears to be about 5 seconds—way to long. Of course, as always, there is a compromise to be made—the more often it polls the tower, the more power it uses. Anyway here is the hack:

To do this, you will need your MSL number, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you.

1) Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST).

2) You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone.

3) From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2 (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2).
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………

Force EV-DO/1X, quicker ring response

Same thread

Here is another tip from the same 6700 post by Elkay.

1) Follow steps 1 through 3 in the Shorten time/ number of rings to answer tip:

Also on this page is your preferred operation mode. The Default is Automatic, which is the best available mode (EV that will roll back to 1X when EV is unavailable). There are times when you might be in a fringe area and your mode may cycle frequently and this can seriously drain your battery. Setting this to HDR will force EV-DO only if you demand an EV-DO connection. Changing this setting to CDMA Only will force the phone to ignore an EV-DO tower and maintain only a 1xRTT connection.

Last edited by Ya Boi D; 05-01-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue