View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Ya Boi D
Regular 'Geeker

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
Re: I Am So Sick Of This @#$%@#$% Phone!!!

Never mind, I found it:

You may have noticed that when someone calls you it may take several rings on their end before the Touch begins to ring. The reason for this delay is the “slot cycle index,” or how often your Touch polls the towers for an incoming call. Default appears to be about 5 seconds—way to long. Of course, as always, there is a compromise to be made—the more often it polls the tower, the more power it uses. Anyway here is the hack:

To do this, you will need your MSL number, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you.

1) Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST).

2) You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone.

3) From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2 (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2).
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ………

Force EV-DO/1X, quicker ring response

Same thread

Here is another tip from the same 6700 post by Elkay.

1) Follow steps 1 through 3 in the Shorten time/ number of rings to answer tip:

Also on this page is your preferred operation mode. The Default is Automatic, which is the best available mode (EV that will roll back to 1X when EV is unavailable). There are times when you might be in a fringe area and your mode may cycle frequently and this can seriously drain your battery. Setting this to HDR will force EV-DO only if you demand an EV-DO connection. Changing this setting to CDMA Only will force the phone to ignore an EV-DO tower and maintain only a 1xRTT connection.

Last edited by Ya Boi D; 05-01-2008 at 04:22 PM.