PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: this one
Carrier: Carrier

insol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon VX6900 - Altell ROM

I just flashed my Verizon VX6900 (living life on the edge), using the notes in sticky Sprint AllTel ROM GPS Working thread. Everything went smoothly. Things worked pretty good. Phone came right back up. I tried calling myself from another phone... it rang... then hung up (hmmm, odd... lil nervous now).... tried again, same thing (crap crap crap)... decided to try calling out... "Could not authenticate your phone..." CAAAAAHHHRRRRAAAAP.

but wait... I have seen this before when activation fails (I had a hacked sprint 650 cut over to Verizon way back when)... NEway called VZ cust support, got the technician... he had me dial #2539... and found the phone... reactivated... and things seemed to be working.... calls... internet (have not yet done perf testing on that tho to check Rev A). WHOOO! feeling good now... Installed google maps... took a walk out onto the deck and waited about 3 minutes.... no satellite (BOOOOO)

uninstalling GPSenable right now... and rebooting. Headed back to the deck when I finish writing this. Will do a Internet speed test too while I'm out.

EDIT:
Ok... not good. Was weird tho. When I turned on Google Maps GPS it never linked up with a satellite... BUT I got the little blue dot that Google uses to mark your position... although it threw the map to Raleigh Durham, NC. I'm not even in that state. Also it said GPS active... even though it did not show any count of satellites (0). Dunno WTF. Anyway going to try another GPS package now and see if things get any better.

I have Google Navigator, GPS Tuner, and GPS Speed Sentry going to start with Google navigator.

Getting 836kbps/sec in my basement with no bars! EVDO REV A (ahhh... and it does feel good). Used the 1MB file test from dslreports.com/mspeed. Headed out to test GPS now.

Last edited by insol; 04-25-2008 at 11:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue