PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

I was thinking of making a mortscript to start a data connection and run haret on bootup. Obviously I would give it a 5-10 second wait with a cancel option... There is script I have that is able to start a data connection, and a version of haret that runs right after you open it, so it would work. We'll see if I can do it...

edit: Went ahead and made it. Basically it is a script that when you run it, it asks you if you would like to start android. If you click no, it exits to windows. If you click yes, it starts the internet, and runs haret.exe from the storage card root. Then, it waits 5 seconds for haret to start up, and clicks the screen at x=210, y=75, which is the run button, which causes android to boot... You COULD place it in your windows->startup folder, which would make it easy to load android after windows boots.

If you device is slower at bootup it can be changed to waiting more time...

Use at your own risk, of course. Test it a few times before you place it in your startup folder... (if you were even planning on doing that)
Attached Files
File Type: zip androidloader.zip (313 Bytes, 43 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by qwho; 11-13-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Lurker

DjMark is a n00b

I dont have a data plan for the moment.

is there a way to sync contacts without having a data plan ???

also, when i dial to make a call, it says DIALING but nothing is going on after that, not even ringing and when I press END CALL, it doesnt works. it stays stuck at the screen when its dialing.

installes through .cab
Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

eTiger13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eTiger13 Send a message via Yahoo to eTiger13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMark View Post
I dont have a data plan for the moment.

is there a way to sync contacts without having a data plan ???

also, when i dial to make a call, it says DIALING but nothing is going on after that, not even ringing and when I press END CALL, it doesnt works. it stays stuck at the screen when its dialing.

installes through .cab
are you using a Vogue?

Check the post over at xda for a way to sync from a csv file
Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD (Blackstone)
Carrier: T-Mobile US
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
I was thinking of making a mortscript to start a data connection and run haret on bootup. Obviously I would give it a 5-10 second wait with a cancel option... There is script I have that is able to start a data connection, and a version of haret that runs right after you open it, so it would work. We'll see if I can do it...

edit: Went ahead and made it. Basically it is a script that when you run it, it asks you if you would like to start android. If you click no, it exits to windows. If you click yes, it starts the internet, and runs haret.exe from the storage card root. Then, it waits 5 seconds for haret to start up, and clicks the screen at x=210, y=75, which is the run button, which causes android to boot... You COULD place it in your windows->startup folder, which would make it easy to load android after windows boots.

If you device is slower at bootup it can be changed to waiting more time...

Use at your own risk, of course. Test it a few times before you place it in your startup folder... (if you were even planning on doing that)

Hey good idea thanks for your contribution, will update OP.

Don't forget to donate or say thanks!

Flashing How To for Vogue

Super cheap phones: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39267

HD or iPhone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44839

Android on Vogue (by dzo): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23244
Old 11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
And guys, installing apk files is ridiculously simple. You simply download it as an apk file, stick it in a folder on the sd card called AndroidApps (yes, it has to be exactly like that), and boot android. Tada! they install automatically on boot, and you will see them in the apps list, just chk the OP for more info (there is also a link there for where to get a few apps for whoever asked about that also be sure to try slideme (google it)).
installing .apk files may be ridiculously simple, but they are not showing up for me though I have followed the directions to the letter. I've noticed in this thread that a few other folks had the same problem, apps not loading though they were apk files and placed in the folder AndroidApps on the sd card. Anyone find a solution?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

jim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuffjim2561 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
installing .apk files may be ridiculously simple, but they are not showing up for me though I have followed the directions to the letter. I've noticed in this thread that a few other folks had the same problem, apps not loading though they were apk files and placed in the folder AndroidApps on the sd card. Anyone find a solution?

What OS are you using on your desktop? Do you have it set to showing all file extensions?

The problem that some of you may be experiencing is this:

Ok, say you download an app, mms.zip. You go to that file in your file explorer, and see that it is called mms. You then click on this file and rename it mms.apk. You need to keep in mind that some operating systems do not show known file extensions by default. So if you rename it to mms.apk, you are in fact renaming it to mms.apk.zip. The .zip is just hidden. This is the default in Windows for example (at least xp and up).
Old 11-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2561 View Post
What OS are you using on your desktop? Do you have it set to showing all file extensions?

The problem that some of you may be experiencing is this:

Ok, say you download an app, mms.zip. You go to that file in your file explorer, and see that it is called mms. You then click on this file and rename it mms.apk. You need to keep in mind that some operating systems do not show known file extensions by default. So if you rename it to mms.apk, you are in fact renaming it to mms.apk.zip. The .zip is just hidden. This is the default in Windows for example (at least xp and up).
Windows XP, and the file extensions are set to view. So I'm not sure what the problem is but I'll be sure to double check it tonight when I'm home.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
Windows XP, and the file extensions are set to view. So I'm not sure what the problem is but I'll be sure to double check it tonight when I'm home.
Gosh that's frustrating I wonder what the heck is going on. But ya be sure to get back to us and let us know, crossing my fingers hoping thats it!...
Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

Fa310tx is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to Fa310tx Send a message via AIM to Fa310tx Send a message via MSN to Fa310tx Send a message via Yahoo to Fa310tx

Is there any way to not load the gui? I would cool to just sit at the command line. If that doesn't work, is there a way to exit out of the gui (like ctrl-alt-backspace in x server).
JJ
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa310tx View Post
Is there any way to not load the gui? I would cool to just sit at the command line. If that doesn't work, is there a way to exit out of the gui (like ctrl-alt-backspace in x server).
JJ
I'm not sure if it completely exits the gui, but you can for sure at least have the terminal showing/taking up the whole screen, though like I said I'm not sure if this is fully the plain ole command line.

search the xda thread for the word terminal.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue