PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android For The Vogue Is Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearuphere View Post
I get this, too. I'd love to try the newest builds, but I have only been able to get one of the early V1.5's to boot properly. It is Build# CRB43. I've tried with and without the data file, everything in the card's root directory as well as an Android directory in the main memory root.
I'm using an 8GB card. I'm going to try an older 1GB as I've read other people have had success with a smaller one, but I'd prefer to keep using the 8GB. I've got a Bell Touch with stock 6.1 if that matters.

I think there may be something wrong with the native (fat or fat32) filesystem. Somebody at XDA suggest I reformat the card ( after copying stuff first) This cleared the problem up. I booted with no problems, and ran Android. This also appears to have fixed the problem I had with WM suddenly deciding I was running unsigned apps when in WM. Give this a try and see if it works for you. Do a fresh install of the Android files to.

Last edited by gjbnh; 08-14-2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling and better sentence structure
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6
Carrier: Verizon

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi636 View Post
try to open the default.txt, scroll down to the second to last line and you'll see "panel_type=1 no_console_suspend""

Delete the 1 and replace it with 3. Hit ok, it may ask if you would prefer to save it in word format, just say no.

You should be good to go.

run haret

Good luck.

Corrected the instructions.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rockrerun is just getting started

Well, I was messing around with it for a while, and it seems to run significantly faster when I copy the haret loader (along w/ default.txt, initrd, & zImage) to my phone and run it from there. Maybe it's just my imagination, or maybe my crappy little 512MB card has really bad transfer rates or something. Has anybody else tried this and seen an improvement?

Later on I'll time it, but it feels like the bootup time is cut in half, and I have less of a delay when it actually boots.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: CricKet

edru is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1kez View Post
Has anyone managed to get online using android and cricket as a carrier??

I got android up and running but I cannot get online with it, I did put the correct #@mycricket.com and password int he default.txt file

help

Go into wireless settings, edit the APN configuration to reflext user name, password, proxy, and port - i left eveyrthing else default.

Now if anyone can get the google account activation working with cricket - id be in love.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: XV6900

Son Rise is a n00b

Man I Wish It Was A Easyer Way To Do This
Old 09-16-2009, 04:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Elfin
Carrier: Airtel

cyanide911 is a n00b

Hey, I have a small question. Does this work on the Elfin? I figure it should, because the only difference is the processor.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide911 View Post
Hey, I have a small question. Does this work on the Elfin? I figure it should, because the only difference is the processor.

its the same resolution and stuff so yeah it should work
Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Dlanoz is a n00b

I'm having 2 problems, and I've tried multiple builds...

1st. I keep having the Voice Dialer popping up all of the time. Is there any way to delete this application or turn it off? I mean, the thing pops up all the time, constantly no matter what application I'm using. Anyone else having this problem???

2nd - there is nothing mapped for BACK button. I know it's supposed to be the camera button, but it doesn't work for me. Anyway to edit this or remap myself?

I'm currenty running the ion, it's the only one I'm able to get fully loaded and running.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

mab9981 is a n00b

Alrighty,
Here is my question.

-Verizon:
-Using XV6900
-Google Ion
-Using Build CRB43
-Firmware 1.5
-Baseband ver -unkown
-kernel 2.6.25-00905-g565a765

Google ion seems to work fine and it loaded fine. HOWEVER, when the phone goes into sleep mode it doesn't wake up, and it can't recieve calls.

A couple of times i was able to wake it up, and right before the screen goes to the "unlock screen" it will show what looks like the load screen, black with codes for a quick second.

For the most part tho, when i hit the hang up button to put it to sleep, it never wakes back up.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: verizon

ds-- is a n00b

I have couple of questions - would appreciate someone taking time to answer please!

First - i noticed that my data connection works only when I am on evdo network, not on rt1 - on winmo it would dial up on rt1 using number@vzw.net username and vzw as password. I cannot find where to put that in on Android? I saw couple of people putting similar info into default.txt - but I dont see any docs on the format on how to do it?

Second - in my address book I have some numbers that have + , ie +1-212-222-222 - Android is unable to dial these numbers. It just kind of hangs for a min and then fails. Only removing the plus works. My entire exchange global address book has + in numbers so its really a big hurdle.
Anyone know how to teach Android to deal with it?

I am using verizon vogue with:
basefiles-20091116.zip
rootfs-20091117.img
system-2009-08-08.img
zImage-24-10-09

Thanks!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue