PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch (voque)
Carrier: Sprint

huskrfj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to huskrfj
Proud new owner of the voque

I made the leap... into that smartphone world.

I went with a ppc HTC TOUCH(Voque) over palm or BB for the same reason as when I bought my first pda the HP Jornada 565.

After lots of research and playing around in the stores I decided on this phone. For many different reasons.

So I called sprint's retentions line (now called account serviices) and asked for a deal. I upgraded my existing SERO line to the $50.00 1250 min plan w/ unlim. power vision. and got the phone for 199.99 no activation and no shipping fees. Should get the phone tomorrow.

So the point of my post. I bought this phone for all of its customization potential but have not really been in the loop for this stuff at all.

I have lurked around the site and there is an over abundance of apps and roms and software out there for the ppc. Ie: music player, weather, orb, firfox, youtube, skype, etc...

I was hoping all of you Voque users would share some of your insite into must have apps mods tools etc...

I have seen the cube, macflo, iphone skin and those all look great. I don't know where to begin Good problem to have.

Have also been reading up on the upgrade to wm 6.1... if I were to do this would these aforementioned apps/tweaks still work?

Also if one were to do the ROM for wm 6.1 is sprints ROM available for a reflash if things don't go so well?

since I'm on a roll I will keep going, Does the extended life battery really add much juice and is it needed? If so how much and where?

Has anyone figured out a fix for the cd-btb200 pioneer bluetooth module?

Anybody use the invisible shield for this. I have always bought the BSE (best skins ever) b/c they are about a third the price and work the same but they are always slow in getting phone product on the market.

Thanks in advance.. Please don't flame to much but I have my nomex on just in case.

Also thanks to everyone out there making these mods possible. I have niether the skill nor the time to make all these awesome apps myself.

MO
Old 03-27-2008, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started
Re: Proud new owner of the voque

Welcome! Good choice on your phone, I think you will be very happy. I currently would recommend upgrading to Windows Mobile 6.1 when you feel comfortable, but for now I would stay. HTC Audio Manager, HTC Streaming Media, Google Maps, Pim Backup, Pocket Mechanic, MemMaid, and Opera Mini would be some applications I would recommend to you. I purchased the Invisible Shield and have mixed results about it. I only keep the piece over the battery, and I think you would be better off getting a silicone case. Best of luck!
Ryan
Old 03-27-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rennyn is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rennyn

Hiya and welcome!

As for the BSE vs Invisible Shield, from what I understand they are the exact same product, so if you don't want to wait...

I'll let the more experience folks answer your other questions, I'd like to hear too. I hardly use my Touch except as a video and MP3 player so I'm still learning myself.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

You are now a victim of HTC, like all of us here.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch

d808o is a n00b

I recently purchased my first smart vogue, and i just think it is the coolest. i am not that sharp on all the upgrades but the ones i have done work great and i am always messing with it. some of the things i have are htc customiser, vtap, google maps, and pollens vista cube. i have a hard clear case on my phone.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

hey i just got a touch too! welcome!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
hey i just got a touch too! welcome!
stop braggin Anakin...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtownsboy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dtownsboy Send a message via Skype™ to dtownsboy

me 2 im looking for all kinds of crazy apps to throw on mines right now
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vouge

kanja is a n00b

Get opera mini 4. It's the free version of opera, and it's better then the full version. Including beta 9.5 (It took me awhile to try it and realize this) It run's under java manager. Get esmertec jbed java manager to run it as the one that comes with the device doesn't seem to work right.

The HTC Touch also comes with a clear shield too. That's what i use and it's fine, why pay extra for one? (I scratched my phone before i started googling for a shield before i realized I already had one)

All the skins out are pretty and nice, but in the end I still prefer the HTC home plugin that comes with the phone. The iphone skins mostly use third party apps that just slow down the phone.

6.1 isn't worth it until a final release comes out. It freezes all the time for alot of people, and the only nice difference is threaded texting which you can get with other third party programs. (palm i think) zoom in PIE is useless after you try opera mini.

There are alot of keyboards out. the best/simplest one is PCM keyboard. I also just ran into one called ZoomBoard($10) it's just like PCM but a little nicer and has a period without shifting to another screen.

Wisbar advanced 3 $10 is awesome as well. Make your start button/bar and task manager work like real windows.

HTC home customizer is a must have. Between this and a good background and the default CUBE skin(Not the sprint one that it comes with) i'm happy with the way the phone looks.

HTC Windows Media theme is awesome. I used to use HTC mediamanager but found that the skin for WMP is better. Play list are hard to navigate with WMP without a stylus but you can use the directional pad/button for that.

Other things you might want snes emulator, google maps, memmaid, SLICK(Best free multi IM client), GSfinder(file manager), Kevetrix(free tetris) remote desktop, TCPMP(Media player plays anything) VTAP(EZ youtube), flash.

For more idea's check out the custom ROM's in the upgrade section, they tend to include alot of the basic must have apps.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just make sure you do some research when install some apps.. there are a lot of good apps but also a lot of crappy written ones that can crap your phone up.

i was never crazy about all the iphone fancy dancy stuff and all the many other bloated programs out there.. again, lots of good programs for the most part but you don't want to start loading tons of stuff on the phone... then you'll end up with a sluggish slow phone that does nothing but eat battery because of all the stuff running.

here are some stuff i use to keep my phone clean and yet powerful:

wktask (makes your phone have programs tabs like a pc)
quickmenu (quick start menu just like a pc with sub menus)
S2P (slide 2 play media player for music)
weatherpanel for weather stuff'
vtap for wikipedia/videos
icontact for easy contact access with fingerscrolling
PIM for backing up your contact/messages
action menu for quick notes,email,appointments, etc..

posted some screens of my phone.
clean, yet powerful.. without all the bloat.

everyone has different tastes, and these are just some suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ppc1.jpg (22.7 KB, 84 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ppc2.jpg (29.3 KB, 88 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ppc3.jpg (10.8 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue