PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch (voque)
Carrier: Sprint

huskrfj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to huskrfj
Proud new owner of the voque

I made the leap... into that smartphone world.

I went with a ppc HTC TOUCH(Voque) over palm or BB for the same reason as when I bought my first pda the HP Jornada 565.

After lots of research and playing around in the stores I decided on this phone. For many different reasons.

So I called sprint's retentions line (now called account serviices) and asked for a deal. I upgraded my existing SERO line to the $50.00 1250 min plan w/ unlim. power vision. and got the phone for 199.99 no activation and no shipping fees. Should get the phone tomorrow.

So the point of my post. I bought this phone for all of its customization potential but have not really been in the loop for this stuff at all.

I have lurked around the site and there is an over abundance of apps and roms and software out there for the ppc. Ie: music player, weather, orb, firfox, youtube, skype, etc...

I was hoping all of you Voque users would share some of your insite into must have apps mods tools etc...

I have seen the cube, macflo, iphone skin and those all look great. I don't know where to begin Good problem to have.

Have also been reading up on the upgrade to wm 6.1... if I were to do this would these aforementioned apps/tweaks still work?

Also if one were to do the ROM for wm 6.1 is sprints ROM available for a reflash if things don't go so well?

since I'm on a roll I will keep going, Does the extended life battery really add much juice and is it needed? If so how much and where?

Has anyone figured out a fix for the cd-btb200 pioneer bluetooth module?

Anybody use the invisible shield for this. I have always bought the BSE (best skins ever) b/c they are about a third the price and work the same but they are always slow in getting phone product on the market.

Thanks in advance.. Please don't flame to much but I have my nomex on just in case.

Also thanks to everyone out there making these mods possible. I have niether the skill nor the time to make all these awesome apps myself.

MO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue