PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jewel
Carrier: Sprint [SERO Premium]

mrnamster is keeping up the good workmrnamster is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Proud new owner of the voque

Welcome!!

Make sure you get AE Button Plus!
Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

zaya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
hey i just got a touch too! welcome!
WHAT WHAT!!! Ive been reading your posts for a minute and I was very surprised to see this. Were you lucky enough to be able to keep your Mogul too? I had to sell mine to get my Touch but I dont regret it one bit. I miss GPS and could never get REV A speeds. WELCOME!!!! What ROM are running? I LOVE OMJ.WM6.1.v.107.5.

Last edited by zaya; 03-27-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Sorry to highjack your thread> WELCOME 2 U 2!!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch (voque)
Threadstarter

huskrfj is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to huskrfj

WOW!!! This is awesome! Thanks a mil to all who have voiced their welcomes and suggestions. My Touch should arrive tomorrow via the big brown truck and I can't wait to dive in. Thanks for all the suggestions I will have to start researching all of the apps and ROMs.
MO
Old 03-28-2008, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

this is really an awesome phone. i only miss my mogul for the keyboard and gps, but i love having something so capable and portable, that takes everything the mogul has and does it HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!!! Im still a mogul fanboy, but im a touch fanboy now too! i NEVER thought i would be using this thing.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch (voque)
Threadstarter

huskrfj is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to huskrfj

Quote:
this is really an awesome phone. i only miss my mogul for the keyboard and gps, but i love having something so capable and portable, that takes everything the mogul has and does it HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!!! Im still a mogul fanboy, but im a touch fanboy now too! i NEVER thought i would be using this thing.
Yeah I guess I never really looked at the mogul. I anted something I could put in my pocket, and the voque fits the bill. The mogul is nice and don't get me wrong.

Just a couple more hours I should have it in my greasy paws.

You just get yours? What kind of mods have you done?

Later,
MO=D>
Old 03-28-2008, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
Yeah I guess I never really looked at the mogul. I anted something I could put in my pocket, and the voque fits the bill. The mogul is nice and don't get me wrong.

Just a couple more hours I should have it in my greasy paws.

You just get yours? What kind of mods have you done?

Later,
MO=D>

i got mine a few days a go. i have htc home customizer, touchpal, htc action screen, vista dial pad, sms chat and funcontact, ui tweaker, tcpmp, psshutxp w/iphone skin, a_c slide2play, skyfire, and ringtones and custom cube, and slide2unlock, version s2u2 v0.99. i have more but dont feel like typing it all, all the tweaks and hacks and programs from the mogul work on the touch(most of em), and GPS will be coming soon
Old 03-28-2008, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hi, welcome.

IMHO enjoy the phone as it comes and get used to it. Then once you start feeling the need try other stuff. That way at least you have some exprience on how it should run default.

-CC
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Lurker

Volholler is a n00b

I totally agree with Clockcylce. I have had the phone for three months now and I only recently started adding third party apps.

I don't know how to "edit the registry" yet, but here's a link for instructions:
http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho..._registry.html

I don't see where anyone is using all the SPB Products...maybe a little pricey. I use SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Phone Suite, SPB Contacts, SPB Keyboard, and SPB Clock. They seem to work fine. I'm picky as hell and they have been resiliant for about a month now.

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been trolling forever and still need some refreshers on some of the basics.

Peas
Old 03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
i got mine a few days a go. i have htc home customizer, touchpal, htc action screen, vista dial pad, sms chat and funcontact, ui tweaker, tcpmp, psshutxp w/iphone skin, a_c slide2play, skyfire, and ringtones and custom cube, and slide2unlock, version s2u2 v0.99. i have more but dont feel like typing it all, all the tweaks and hacks and programs from the mogul work on the touch(most of em), and GPS will be coming soon
don't you worry anakin... once i get my guinea pig, i'll be running a 32MB page pool on it. i just have to hunt for the program for it. lol
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-28-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
just make sure you do some research when install some apps.. there are a lot of good apps but also a lot of crappy written ones that can crap your phone up.

i was never crazy about all the iphone fancy dancy stuff and all the many other bloated programs out there.. again, lots of good programs for the most part but you don't want to start loading tons of stuff on the phone... then you'll end up with a sluggish slow phone that does nothing but eat battery because of all the stuff running.

here are some stuff i use to keep my phone clean and yet powerful:

wktask (makes your phone have programs tabs like a pc)
quickmenu (quick start menu just like a pc with sub menus)
S2P (slide 2 play media player for music)
weatherpanel for weather stuff'
vtap for wikipedia/videos
icontact for easy contact access with fingerscrolling
PIM for backing up your contact/messages
action menu for quick notes,email,appointments, etc..

posted some screens of my phone.
clean, yet powerful.. without all the bloat.

everyone has different tastes, and these are just some suggestions.
Sebo,
What program gives you those program launcher icons at the bottom of your today screen?

DJ
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue