View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
kanja
Lurker

kanja is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Proud new owner of the voque

Get opera mini 4. It's the free version of opera, and it's better then the full version. Including beta 9.5 (It took me awhile to try it and realize this) It run's under java manager. Get esmertec jbed java manager to run it as the one that comes with the device doesn't seem to work right.

The HTC Touch also comes with a clear shield too. That's what i use and it's fine, why pay extra for one? (I scratched my phone before i started googling for a shield before i realized I already had one)

All the skins out are pretty and nice, but in the end I still prefer the HTC home plugin that comes with the phone. The iphone skins mostly use third party apps that just slow down the phone.

6.1 isn't worth it until a final release comes out. It freezes all the time for alot of people, and the only nice difference is threaded texting which you can get with other third party programs. (palm i think) zoom in PIE is useless after you try opera mini.

There are alot of keyboards out. the best/simplest one is PCM keyboard. I also just ran into one called ZoomBoard($10) it's just like PCM but a little nicer and has a period without shifting to another screen.

Wisbar advanced 3 $10 is awesome as well. Make your start button/bar and task manager work like real windows.

HTC home customizer is a must have. Between this and a good background and the default CUBE skin(Not the sprint one that it comes with) i'm happy with the way the phone looks.

HTC Windows Media theme is awesome. I used to use HTC mediamanager but found that the skin for WMP is better. Play list are hard to navigate with WMP without a stylus but you can use the directional pad/button for that.

Other things you might want snes emulator, google maps, memmaid, SLICK(Best free multi IM client), GSfinder(file manager), Kevetrix(free tetris) remote desktop, TCPMP(Media player plays anything) VTAP(EZ youtube), flash.

For more idea's check out the custom ROM's in the upgrade section, they tend to include alot of the basic must have apps.