PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

knightkeeper00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How-to: Cube Edits/mods/creation

Couple questions...

1) I cannot find out how to update the .brn files, they are read-only. Is there any possible way to just update those files w/o redirecting the regristy to a new file?

2) Has anyone modified the Quick Dial Screen. I understand what images to work with but, because of the above question I am unable to edit them. Also I tried looking the registry for where the QD_Bkgd.brn file is refrenced and could not find it. I couldn't even find any configs for the Quick Dial at all.

Any help is always much appreciated.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:20 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightkeeper00 View Post
Couple questions...

1) I cannot find out how to update the .brn files, they are read-only. Is there any possible way to just update those files w/o redirecting the regristy to a new file?

2) Has anyone modified the Quick Dial Screen. I understand what images to work with but, because of the above question I am unable to edit them. Also I tried looking the registry for where the QD_Bkgd.brn file is refrenced and could not find it. I couldn't even find any configs for the Quick Dial at all.

Any help is always much appreciated.
1) Updating the BRN files can be done using File Explorer or Total Commander. Name the new BRN files something other than what you want (ie. A0_1.brn) then place them in the \Windows folder of your phone. Rename the original file to something else, then rename the new file what the old file used to be called. Or you can use the CAB creator to create a CAB file that overwrites your old files.

2)Same thing. Quickdial stuff is not really referenced anywhere, it was just all figured out through trial and error.

Hope this helps.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Lurker

knightkeeper00 is a n00b

I understand how to replace the needed files, however, apparently the .brn files in my Windowas diretory are read-only. This prevents me from being able to move/delete/rename the files. Is here any way around this? How can I change the permssions on these files?

Thanks for the help! This has been a show stopper for me for quite some time.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:50 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightkeeper00 View Post
I understand how to replace the needed files, however, apparently the .brn files in my Windowas diretory are read-only. This prevents me from being able to move/delete/rename the files. Is here any way around this? How can I change the permssions on these files?

Thanks for the help! This has been a show stopper for me for quite some time.
Since the BRN files are located in ROM they really can't be changed, at least I haven't been able to change them from Read Only. If you need a CAB made, let me know. Other than that I don't know what you could do. Sorry.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor

The reason you can't do anything with the files is because your cube has the files open. Download and install task manager - http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/taskmanager.shtml. Then you can kill the following tasks:

Biotouch.exe
APLauncher.exe
APLauncher2.exe (you may not have this one)
QuickDial.exe
MediaHubMini.exe

You'll then be able to change those files.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spront Touch

chriscdev is a n00b

I just got my Sprint touch a few days ago and am busy modifying it. I have done the 6.1 update and still have the Vista Cube 2.0 working with a quick fix from Spunks3 (see link)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=137

However, I would still like to create a few more functions to access from my cube, but can't figure out the correct path/parameters. I would like to be able to use my phone as much as possible directly from my cube screens and want to add these functions.

Can anyone help?

Contacts: have tried addrbook, contacts, contact...to no avail

Settings: no luck at all, I've read that it used to work in Windows 6.0 but not in 6.1

Phone: Solved!!! <10/25/08>

With this program you can configure any APLauncher icon to execute this program to dial any number you want. Example:

Change these values for the particular App icon location you pick:

Parameter = null
Path = \Windows\MakePhoneCall.exe

Shortcuts from the cube to: Home Screen,Weather screen,Sound Screen

Add yours to the list and lets put them in one easy place!

Also, and this is a biggie!! I have been using CeRegEditor to modify all the registries. If I wanted to make a back up copy for myself in case I ever have to do a hard reset or if I want to add my cube to another phone...how the heck do I do it??? Can I create a cab file from my setup??? Help me PLEASE!!! I want my iPhone buddies to cringe when they see my smartphone working as well as their media phones!!

Chriscdev

Last edited by chriscdev; 10-25-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superman651 is a n00b

Is there a cube with 2 quick dial sides so you can have more easy to reach contacts?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 PM
N00b

setabs is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman651 View Post
Is there a cube with 2 quick dial sides so you can have more easy to reach contacts?
You can do what chriscdev did but instead of "null" change it to a phone number.

Phone: Solved!!! <10/25/08>

With this program you can configure any APLauncher icon to execute this program to dial any number you want. Example:

Change these values for the particular App icon location you pick:

Parameter = null
Path = \Windows\MakePhoneCall.exe
Old 11-09-2008, 03:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superman651 is a n00b

I know I have already asked this question but now I'm asking it a little different. I have a registry editing program on my touch and want to know if there is anyway to make a fourth side to the cube with another quickdial? I'm also wondering if there is anyway to do this with the cube that comes with the phone, not form a modified cube app? If so, how should I go about doing it? Thanks for a any help given.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Will the Vista Cube work with verizon 6900, I downloaded it, and ran the Cab. and nothing.

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue