PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How-to: Cube Edits/mods/creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscdev View Post
I just got my Sprint touch a few days ago and am busy modifying it. I have done the 6.1 update and still have the Vista Cube 2.0 working with a quick fix from Spunks3 (see link)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=137

However, I would still like to create a few more functions to access from my cube, but can't figure out the correct path/parameters. I would like to be able to use my phone as much as possible directly from my cube screens and want to add these functions.

Can anyone help?

Contacts: have tried addrbook, contacts, contact...to no avail

Settings: no luck at all, I've read that it used to work in Windows 6.0 but not in 6.1

Phone: Solved!!! <10/25/08>

With this program you can configure any APLauncher icon to execute this program to dial any number you want. Example:

Change these values for the particular App icon location you pick:

Parameter = null
Path = \Windows\MakePhoneCall.exe

Shortcuts from the cube to: Home Screen,Weather screen,Sound Screen

Add yours to the list and lets put them in one easy place!

Also, and this is a biggie!! I have been using CeRegEditor to modify all the registries. If I wanted to make a back up copy for myself in case I ever have to do a hard reset or if I want to add my cube to another phone...how the heck do I do it??? Can I create a cab file from my setup??? Help me PLEASE!!! I want my iPhone buddies to cringe when they see my smartphone working as well as their media phones!!

Chriscdev
Contacts - Program: \Windows\poutlook.exe Param: contacts

Settings - search around here for a program called htcSettings.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman651 View Post
I know I have already asked this question but now I'm asking it a little different. I have a registry editing program on my touch and want to know if there is anyway to make a fourth side to the cube with another quickdial? I'm also wondering if there is anyway to do this with the cube that comes with the phone, not form a modified cube app? If so, how should I go about doing it? Thanks for a any help given.
Second QuickDial sides are not possible with the HTC Cube.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

scotttr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Will the Vista Cube work with verizon 6900, I downloaded it, and ran the Cab. and nothing.
I'm running the Vista Cube 2.0 on mine with no problems. I started with the three side full configured/animation and changed it to the 4 sided blank animation, the sprint shortcuts on the cube don't do much for the Verizon model.
Did you do a soft reset after installing it?(I can't remember whether i had to or not)
Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Lurker

scotttr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
Contacts - Program: \Windows\poutlook.exe Param: contacts

Settings - search around here for a program called htcSettings.exe
I can't find that program, using resco explorer i entered *htcsettings* and got no hits. searching *.exe i did find htcMenuSetting.exe but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any other possible names?

Where would I find active sync?

Would it be possible to set my backlight from the cube the way that I can fro the quick launch on the today screen?(tap the button to cycle through different brightnesses)
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttr View Post
I can't find that program, using resco explorer i entered *htcsettings* and got no hits. searching *.exe i did find htcMenuSetting.exe but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Any other possible names?
It's actually in this very thread! If you go to the Vogue Forum and click on the "<files>" button next to the thread title it shows all the files that have been attached to the thread.

Here's a direct link, though: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1216559127

Quote:
Where would I find active sync?
\Windows\ActiveSyn.lnk or \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ActiveSync.lnk or \Windows\sync.lnk

There is not an actual program as far as I can tell, just a call to an internal API.

Quote:
Would it be possible to set my backlight from the cube the way that I can fro the quick launch on the today screen?(tap the button to cycle through different brightnesses)
Not directly. The backlight is controlled by the Backlight API and the Backlight registry settings. Neither of these can be set using a Cube button, but I have heard of a program that cycles through backlight settings. I don't remember off hand where I heard of it or what it as called. I'll look around but can't promise anything.

Edit: Alright, after a very quick SEARCH for the word backlight I found this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=backlight

Last edited by Musicman247; 04-04-2009 at 02:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Lurker

scotttr is a n00b

Sorry, I'm search impaired.

Thanks, I'll give those a try when I get home next week.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

pconnors44 is a n00b

Ive read a few posts about the cube not working with the newer roms. Would that be the 20+++ builds, and will it run on any builds later than 5.2.19208?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

WOW musicman247 this is an incredible thread and tutorial! I'm temporarily using our Touch which wide only used for a month, still in brand new condition. This information is fixing to become very useful for me! Thanks

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue