PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwarrior View Post
Hi Jak,
Have you had a chance to start working on the rom. I started but stopped to wait on the bootloader. If you think the radio is working I will continue stripping the gps out of the rom.

Jay
Thats cool I have the radio still to this day without flashing a new bootloader still working fine if you can strip out the gps and supply the ported files I will begin work on a rom
Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'm quoting this from the "Who's going to port the GPS function from the Titan to the Vogue" thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Just a note for everyone since i know people are excited about the opportunity. To run this new radio image that includes the GPS feature on the mogul you need a 2.xx bootloader. These codes are EXTREMELY device specific and ultimately critical. I know it's been done before to move a mogul radio to a touch, but it is currently impossible for this radio to work on a touch spl anyway. This means even if hardware for gps is present the radio image will not be able to function due to the missing bootloader features. Someone really truly willing to have a large chance at a brick could test the 2.05 SPL on a vogue but i would NOT recommend that.

EDIT: I just did a test and the titan SPL won't even soft boot onto the vogue, this means it's not going to be possible at this point

So for now i'd wait for a touch rom at least with a 2.xx bootloader (if one comes avail an unlocked version will be made fairly quickly) then some more can be tested with a little less risk, but still not for joe user to test out first.
Apparently, this bootloader won't be as easy to deal with.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I wish Vz would hurry up and release their GPS enabled touch...
Old 01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I wish Vz would hurry up and release their GPS enabled touch...
I highly doubt Verizon changed the hardware in any way, shape, or form. It probably still has the same aGPS chip in it the other Vogue's have, but they are probably selling the phone with Verizon Navigator. Not exactly a ideal solution unless you want to pay $9.99 a month for it.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
I'm quoting this from the "Who's going to port the GPS function from the Titan to the Vogue" thread...

Apparently, this bootloader won't be as easy to deal with.
Question : Would my ppc be able to make and receive calls or use the net without a radio ... I'm trying to figure out whats going on . Like I said so far when I boot up my phone will say no radio but its still working just fine .
Old 01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Question : Would my ppc be able to make and receive calls or use the net without a radio ... I'm trying to figure out whats going on . Like I said so far when I boot up my phone will say no radio but its still working just fine .
I highly doubt anything related to the radio (calls, data, text, etc) would work w/o the radio...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
I highly doubt Verizon changed the hardware in any way, shape, or form. It probably still has the same aGPS chip in it the other Vogue's have, but they are probably selling the phone with Verizon Navigator. Not exactly a ideal solution unless you want to pay $9.99 a month for it.
I highly doubt VZ changed the hardware in any way either. However the ROM should be upgraded compared to Sprint's to allow GPS. An adventurous hacker type could copy those ROMs and find a way for sprint users to use the radio, much like the Sprint Mogul 3.16 rom has been converted for use on VZ.

Basically I think that VZ will get the Touch released before Sprint releases an update for my Touch.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

blee0125 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
If you want to try, I think I have all the drivers etc in an OEM. I'll put it in the FTP under my username if you want it.

Latest Exploits: Custom ROMs 6700, 6800, 6900

Next Exploits: Learning the in's and out's of XIP Porting and finishing the aku.0.7.0 kitchen for the Vogue

If I've ever helped you or you appreciate my work:
Donations Welcome
Old 01-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work
Does the radio flash not enable GPS as well? That would be a better test to see if the radio flash did anything. Also, Jak, can you do a speed test to see if you're getting Rev A speeds or still Rev 0? Thanks...and good luck on that ROM.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
Does the radio flash not enable GPS as well? That would be a better test to see if the radio flash did anything. Also, Jak, can you do a speed test to see if you're getting Rev A speeds or still Rev 0? Thanks...and good luck on that ROM.
The radio is only one part of getting the gps working. You also need the OS drivers to communicate with it.

HOWEVER, back when they were trying to enable the gps in the Trinity, once the enabled radio was leaked, we were able to verify the gps functionality with mtty...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue