View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Pibe38
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm quoting this from the "Who's going to port the GPS function from the Titan to the Vogue" thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
Just a note for everyone since i know people are excited about the opportunity. To run this new radio image that includes the GPS feature on the mogul you need a 2.xx bootloader. These codes are EXTREMELY device specific and ultimately critical. I know it's been done before to move a mogul radio to a touch, but it is currently impossible for this radio to work on a touch spl anyway. This means even if hardware for gps is present the radio image will not be able to function due to the missing bootloader features. Someone really truly willing to have a large chance at a brick could test the 2.05 SPL on a vogue but i would NOT recommend that.

EDIT: I just did a test and the titan SPL won't even soft boot onto the vogue, this means it's not going to be possible at this point

So for now i'd wait for a touch rom at least with a 2.xx bootloader (if one comes avail an unlocked version will be made fairly quickly) then some more can be tested with a little less risk, but still not for joe user to test out first.
Apparently, this bootloader won't be as easy to deal with.

---
Don't forget to Search first!