PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Magic 32w/ Android and Cyanogen ROM
Carrier: Rogers

maxqc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how can one do that ??
Old 12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
there are actualy a few things going on here that are over looked.

if you are in a 1x area, and data is in use, calls go to voice mail automaticlly. this can happen even when you think you are in an evdo area. when you have your phone in your pocket sometimes the signal drops off the evdo and becomes 1x. put your phone on the table and look at the signal strenght. then take both hands and cover the phone. some how your body hurts the signal. if you have email pulling every so often this will start the data. therefore, there is the chance that your calls are forwarded to voice mail, this is all sprints way of doing things.

another thing that happens is the slot cycle thing. all depending on where you are in reguards to your tower, will determine how many rings until voice mail kicks in. if you go into you ##788# and go to your modem settings you can change the polling time. going from 2 to 1 will allowing you to recieve a ring sooner allow more time to answer the call. this will reduce battery a little. i dont see that much battery difference my self and have always done the hack. you do need your mls# though to change this.

cody

Last edited by codyppc; 12-04-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
N00b

TheNegotiator is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
there are actualy a few things going on here that are over looked.

if you are in a 1x area, and data is in use, calls go to voice mail automaticlly. this can happen even when you think you are in an evdo area. when you have your phone in your pocket sometimes the signal drops off the evdo and becomes 1x. put your phone on the table and look at the signal strenght. then take both hands and cover the phone. some how your body hurts the signal. if you have email pulling every so often this will start the data. therefore, there is the chance that your calls are forwarded to voice mail, this is all sprints way of doing things.

another thing that happens is the slot cycle thing. all depending on where you are in reguards to your tower, will determine how many rings until voice mail kicks in. if you go into you ##788# and go to your modem settings you can change the polling time. going from 2 to 1 will allowing you to recieve a ring sooner allow more time to answer the call. this will reduce battery a little. i dont see that much battery difference my self and have always done the hack. you do need your mls# though to change this.

cody
I know my post on the previous page was a really long one....but if you read it...you will see that this problems isnt really about the phone going straight to voice mail when people call you, or about being connected to the internet without knowing it or even about how many times your phone rings before it is kicked to vmail....its not about any of that its simply about the phone NOT WAKING UP during an alert. Call alert, Text Message Alert, it seems to be connected to any alert linked to the phone application. You remember just like when the mogul first came out and people where complaining that when the phone would go to sleep it would not wake up for Alarm Clock Alerts. When you would now press the power button 2 hours later after waking up late for work thats when the alarm would now go off at 9am as opposed to the 7am you set it for. There was simply a problem with the phone waking up to alert you. There is something that makes the phone wake up so that the alert process can be completed, but for some reason it wasnt....and i think they addresed it with a rom update. Ok now that i might have refreshed your memory on that issue..this is the same thing happening with the phone app here..you get a call or a text and your phone simply does not wake up to notify you. You press the power button to wake up the phone and BAM 10 messages came to your phone within the past hour and you never knew...not because you didnt have service and it took a while to get to you, but more so because your phone simply over slept LMAO and didnt bother to wake up to notify you of the messages or phone calls that came thru/ were coming thru to your phone. This situation is quite different from having no service or using a 1x as opposed to an Evdo Data connection and your phone only ringing 2 times as opposed to 4 or what ever the case is. does this clarify the problem a bit more? Hope it does. It has to do with the phone waking up..thats it..cause the calls are reaching your phone and so are the textes...you just dont know until you manually wake your phone up, and of course in the case of a phone call its to late. Imagine some one calling me at 9am and i wake up my phone at noon and at that instant the phone rings as if the person was calling me just then when that phone call came to my phone like 3 hours prior, and like i said when i put Colonels rom on my phone (not that im saying the fix was limited to his rom, or that he even made this rom to fix that issue) it never happened again. Hopefully he makes some roms for the touch and i should be good to go, but i really wonder what could be causing.

Last edited by TheNegotiator; 12-04-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM
n0s
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

n0s is a n00b
UPDATE: All of my issues have been fixed now that I dont have the for mentioned 3rd party apps. I suggest you try removing the ones Ive listed and let me know your results.
P.S. I dont think people understand the issue we are having...
Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club
Threadstarter

onedownfiveup is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0s View Post
UPDATE: All of my issues have been fixed now that I dont have the for mentioned 3rd party apps. I suggest you try removing the ones Ive listed and let me know your results.
I made a list of applications to put on my phone when I got it today and after doing hours of reading last night I'm scared to do it. LOL
Old 12-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
I don't remember you listing any 3rd party apps.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
n0s
Lurker

n0s is a n00b
UPDATE: OK, the issue was not resolved, started again today. Took my phone to a service center and had all of the employees baffled, they all had to call it and verify it was really happening. They said I have to goto a Sprint Corporate store and exchange my phone for a new one... First, I have to find the original box. Another failure for Sprint!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 PM
n0s
Lurker

n0s is a n00b
UPDATE: I stopped into Sprint Corporate today because my phone was acting up again, they couldn't believe what the phone was doing so they swapped it out for a new one. Within 3 hours the new phone is now having the same issue. At this point I dont know what to do. I dont think it is a signal issue as I drive for work all over and it never changes. Any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2007, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

synaptyc is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
Exclamation

Quote:
I have an issue where someone will call, lets say at 1:00, my touch will not ring. I will wake my phone up to look at something, say at 1:30, it will ring a half ring I will try to answer it with out any luck. Then it will say the missed call is from 1:30... Anyone else have this issue or know a solution? It has been happening the last 2 days and is very frustrating!
I am having this exact same issue.
It started yesterday. I am positive this is not a signal issue as i have my 6700 sitting right beside the Touch and can receive a call fine.
The only 3rd party apps I am running are:
  • Slide2Unlock2
  • Freestyl
  • VistaCubeDefaults6Sides.cab
  • CubeConfig 2.1
  • 1-calc 300
  • MS Voice Command
  • MobiTV
  • Vtap
  • Total Commander
  • PDAlight
  • HTC Action Screen
  • EffComm
  • M&M Marshall WaitCursor Skin
  • HTC Home Customizer
  • Schap's Advanced Configuration Tool 1.1
  • HTC Audio Manager
  • MS Live Search

WOW.... I have a lot of junk on my phone!
Still... pretty standard apps. And I run those same apps on my 6700 without any missed calls (like the ones we are getting with the Touch)

For now, I have removed S2U2 & FreeStyl to see if they are causing my problem.
I personally suspect S2U2 because it directly controls sleep/wakeup functions as well as incoming calls.

I'll report my experiences.

~Sy(\)
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

billy54554 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to billy54554
Wont wake to take call

I have had the problem as well. I am running a clean ROM, no hacks, nothing. I just updated my Mogul to the latest ROM 2.17. Even before the update my phone would go to sleep and would not awake to take calls or receive text messages. When I pressed the power button to wake it up, I would get notification that I missed calls and would receive text msgs that was received while it was asleep. It happened before the up date and after. Anyone else?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue