PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

sj808 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had this problem all the time with my treo650

I have it sometimes with the mogul and the touch. Windows Mobile has the Phone app has a hidden program in the background. Sometimes, somehow.. if it gets terminated, then you won't receive calls. If you have WkTask, you'll actually see the phone app open... thats why its good to have it on "hide always".

I was just thinking about this on the way home.... so I might just put the phone app in my start up folder to double check.... cuz people might be calling me, and I'll never know because most of my friends don't leave messages.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

touchfan is a n00b
I have have several occasions where a call will come in and the phone will only ring once or even a "half a ring" if that makes sense. Making it impossible to answer even if the phone is right next to me. I have had it happen in several places so I can't say for sure one way or the other if its related to the amount of service I had at the time.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch diamond

slash007 is a n00b
I've seen this same problem on the centro and on the treo 755, so I'm sure it's a network issue.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:24 PM
n0s
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

n0s is a n00b
I have an issue where someone will call, lets say at 1:00, my touch will not ring. I will wake my phone up to look at something, say at 1:30, it will ring a half ring I will try to answer it with out any luck. Then it will say the missed call is from 1:30... Anyone else have this issue or know a solution? It has been happening the last 2 days and is very frustrating!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
N00b

TheNegotiator is a n00b
i dont think most of you guys are understanding what is being asked here...and maybe cause you have not experienced the problem its even harder to comprehend what the guy that started this question (thread) is trying to ask. I have the touch and i have the mogul...and they both did/do this to me..The mogul more than touch. This is what happens. Some one calls you...and on their end the phone rings perfectly fine all the way up until they get forwarded to voice mail.....(how do i know this? well when people tell me they called me 3 times back to back at a particular time and they say my phone rang perfectly fine then i know something is up)....I now take my phone that is sleeping....*(sleeping meaning xyz time has past by and phone screen turns off....or i manually press the power button on top (for mogul on the side) my self to put my phone to sleep)*.....and MANUALLY wake it up by pressing the power button and viola the phone app caller ID thing pops up on the screen as if some one was calling me at that instant and then it goes away in a flash of a second. Now what is exactly is happening here? well i dont know the technicalities of it but on both these phones for some reason when your phone goes to sleep and a phone call or text comes in...the phone is supposed to automatically WAKE the hell up and then proceed with alerting you that something is coming in...BUT for some strange reason at times the phone WILL not wake up..and as a result your phone is actually ringing cause you have service BUT the phone it self is NOT waking up first then ringing, and as a result when you manually wake it up...a call alert from 5 mins ago pops right up as soon as it wakes up...but of course because the call has already ended because it was really from 1,2,3,4,5 mins ago the caller ID pops up and then just goes away and it says you have a missed call. Why did you miss the call? Well cause the stupid phone didnt wake up when the call was actually coming through,but it did come through cause it rang on the other persons end and once the phone is woken up you can see a call came in but your phone never woke up to alert you. Same $hit happens for text messaging. Some times i wake up my phone and like the exact moment i do so i get alerted that i have a new text message, did the text come in at the exact moment my phone was woken up? NO..my phone just didnt wake up when the text actually arrived and i wasnt alerted until the phone was woken up. How do i know this for sure? Well i Wake up my phone at lets say 10:30pm, and i get alerted that i have a new text message..but the time stamp of the message is from 9:58pm LOL. Some times its more than one, i will get a text at 9:58pm that says "hey wats up", another at 10:07pm "???", and then one at 10:18pm "are you ignoring me or something"....when i wake up my phone at 10:30pm they i get alerted for all three at the same time..with their respective time stamps...yea i know it sucks...tell me about it. My mogul did this all the damn time...it really drove me crazy. At first i thought it had to do with third party apps.. I had noticed that when i would soft reset the phone for the first 30-80 mins or so that phone would wake up fine to alert me about stuff and then soon after the bull would continue. I thought it was third party apps and i performed a hard reset numerous times, but no matter what sooner or later the bull would always go down. And then when Colonel released his rom Update for the Mogul and I used the Oct 10 or 12th or something like that, everything was fine on the mogul. So this now made me believe it was a rom bug and not necessarily a problem from third party apps cause the colonels rom had a $hit load of third party apps. Now as for the touch, when i first got it this was not an issue, but now it started on the touch, but i have a $hit load of apps, alot of SPB apps so i dont know if this is the culprit, but from my experience with the mogul i just don't think its a third party app causing these phone not to wake up. Something interesting that i noted with both of my phones was that this issue happened way more while i was in my room (crappy service in dorm my dorm room) as opposed to when i was out side (great service). While out side it would happen maybe like 3 or 4 times through out the day, but in my room damn all the time(["all the time" X 2] on the mogul lol).So it seems its related to signal strength in some weird way...(more of a reason why i dont think its due to third party apps..cause why would there be a difference if i am outside as opposed to being in my room, im not using any technical knowledge when i say that, just common logic but i could be totally wrong with that one) Right now when im in my room my phone is always charging and i just have it set so that while on the charger my phone never goes to sleep..hey i should not have to do that with a freaking $500 phone but hey it a temp fix. O and mind you when the mogul was my MAIN phone i went through about 6 of them, all had this prob.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
n0s
Lurker

n0s is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
i dont think most of you guys are understanding what is being asked here...and maybe cause you have not experienced the problem its even harder to comprehend what the guy that started this question (thread) is trying to ask. I have the touch and i have the mogul...and they both did/do this to me..The mogul more than touch. This is what happens. Some one calls you...and on their end the phone rings perfectly fine all the way up until they get forwarded to voice mail.....(how do i know this? well when people tell me they called me 3 times back to back at a particular time and they say my phone rang perfectly fine then i know something is up)....I now take my phone that is sleeping....*(sleeping meaning xyz time has past by and phone screen turns off....or i manually press the power button on top (for mogul on the side) my self to put my phone to sleep)*.....and MANUALLY wake it up by pressing the power button and viola the phone app caller ID thing pops up on the screen as if some one was calling me at that instant and then it goes away in a flash of a second. Now what is exactly is happening here? well i dont know the technicalities of it but on both these phones for some reason when your phone goes to sleep and a phone call or text comes in...the phone is supposed to automatically WAKE the hell up and then proceed with alerting you that something is coming in...BUT for some strange reason at times the phone WILL not wake up..and as a result your phone is actually ringing cause you have service BUT the phone it self is NOT waking up first then ringing, and as a result when you manually wake it up...a call alert from 5 mins ago pops right up as soon as it wakes up...but of course because the call has already ended because it was really from 1,2,3,4,5 mins ago the caller ID pops up and then just goes away and it says you have a missed call. Why did you miss the call? Well cause the stupid phone didnt wake up when the call was actually coming through,but it did come through cause it rang on the other persons end and once the phone is woken up you can see a call came in but your phone never woke up to alert you. Same $hit happens for text messaging. Some times i wake up my phone and like the exact moment i do so i get alerted that i have a new text message, did the text come in at the exact moment my phone was woken up? NO..my phone just didnt wake up when the text actually arrived and i wasnt alerted until the phone was woken up. How do i know this for sure? Well i Wake up my phone at lets say 10:30pm, and i get alerted that i have a new text message..but the time stamp of the message is from 9:58pm LOL. Some times its more than one, i will get a text at 9:58pm that says "hey wats up", another at 10:07pm "???", and then one at 10:18pm "are you ignoring me or something"....when i wake up my phone at 10:30pm they i get alerted for all three at the same time..with their respective time stamps...yea i know it sucks...tell me about it. My mogul did this all the damn time...it really drove me crazy. At first i thought it had to do with third party apps.. I had noticed that when i would soft reset the phone for the first 30-80 mins or so that phone would wake up fine to alert me about stuff and then soon after the bull would continue. I thought it was third party apps and i performed a hard reset numerous times, but no matter what sooner or later the bull would always go down. And then when Colonel released his rom Update for the Mogul and I used the Oct 10 or 12th or something like that, everything was fine on the mogul. So this now made me believe it was a rom bug and not necessarily a problem from third party apps cause the colonels rom had a $hit load of third party apps. Now as for the touch, when i first got it this was not an issue, but now it started on the touch, but i have a $hit load of apps, alot of SPB apps so i dont know if this is the culprit, but from my experience with the mogul i just don't think its a third party app causing these phone not to wake up. Something interesting that i noted with both of my phones was that this issue happened way more while i was in my room (crappy service in dorm my dorm room) as opposed to when i was out side (great service). While out side it would happen maybe like 3 or 4 times through out the day, but in my room damn all the time(["all the time" X 2] on the mogul lol).So it seems its related to signal strength in some weird way...(more of a reason why i dont think its due to third party apps..cause why would there be a difference if i am outside as opposed to being in my room, im not using any technical knowledge when i say that, just common logic but i could be totally wrong with that one) Right now when im in my room my phone is always charging and i just have it set so that while on the charger my phone never goes to sleep..hey i should not have to do that with a freaking $500 phone but hey it a temp fix. O and mind you when the mogul was my MAIN phone i went through about 6 of them, all had this prob.
Thats exactly what I was trying to say only in a few less words. I have the same issue which started yesterday. I only have google maps v2 and spb keyboard installed as far as third party apps.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
N00b

TheNegotiator is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0s View Post
Thats exactly what I was trying to say only in a few less words. I have the same issue which started yesterday. I only have google maps v2 and spb keyboard installed as far as third party apps.
Yea i just wanted to be very clear so that people that are not having this issue can really understand what is happening, and maybe even help with a solution, but i think there is a thread some one in here for this issue..
Old 12-04-2007, 04:05 PM
n0s
Lurker

n0s is a n00b
UPDATE: I removed all third party apps and the problem is gone for now. It was either the SPB keyboard or the cingular song recognition program. I will keep everyone up to date. What 3rd party apps is everyone else running that is having the issue?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
I still think it's bad signal.
You are correct on the signal
No matter what phone I have had it does this,...
With the new Mogul ROM, I am now torn between the Touch and Mogul
Like the keyboard as I am emailling and texting constantly
Like the slim line of the Touch
Old 12-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedownfiveup View Post
I'm beginning to think it's just the people that have messed around with the registry and have a but load of 3rd party apps.
What makes you think that? Specifically.

Just lower your slot cycle index and that fixes the problem nearly 100% of the time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue