PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
my problem returned even with htc off. it took about a week and problem came back. wtf. i'm to the point now where i have turned sci to 0. this is messed up.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
stay away from the BatteryAndPerformanceHack.cab file!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
I have an idea about why this happens.

As we all know, the Touch goes into power save mode by design when it dips below 30% battery and thus will not wake up even when receiving a call. However, I have noticed that it doesn't always come out of power save mode simply by charging the battery. Normally, i completely shut my phone off every night and charge it every morning before I power it on again. Using this method. I have never experienced the missed call phenomenon described in this thread. But there was one morning when my power was low and I powered the phone on to make a call before I placed it on the charger. Only that one day did I experience "missed" calls. I am thinking that the phone stayed in low-power mode, even though the battery got charged. So for all of you that experience this issue, do you normally power down your phones every day or simply keep it in sleep mode? What do you all think?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
stay away from the BatteryAndPerformanceHack.cab file!
Be a little more specific as to why, please.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i read somewhere that s2u2 is supposed to bandaid the problem but might cause memory card problems. can someone confirm or deny this?

thanks,
sid
Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
I have an idea about why this happens.

As we all know, the Touch goes into power save mode by design when it dips below 30% battery and thus will not wake up even when receiving a call. However, I have noticed that it doesn't always come out of power save mode simply by charging the battery. Normally, i completely shut my phone off every night and charge it every morning before I power it on again. Using this method. I have never experienced the missed call phenomenon described in this thread. But there was one morning when my power was low and I powered the phone on to make a call before I placed it on the charger. Only that one day did I experience "missed" calls. I am thinking that the phone stayed in low-power mode, even though the battery got charged. So for all of you that experience this issue, do you normally power down your phones every day or simply keep it in sleep mode? What do you all think?

it also helps that your rebooting your phone every day when you're turning it off to charge. hard to say.....
Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Killabee44 is a n00b
Guys,

Something to try...

I too have been missing calls but not too often. Also the alarm does not work sometimes as well.

One thing I found by accident (at least on my Touch) is that the other night before going to bed I turned off my bluetooth headset but not the bluetooth on my Touch. I plugged the phone in and went to sleep..

The next morning all three alarms worked like a charm. They have worked every time I have done this. Please try it and confirm that it at least works on the alarm. It might also work on receiving calls when the phone is asleep.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post
it also helps that your rebooting your phone every day when you're turning it off to charge. hard to say.....
Thats what I am saying. I think that you need to reset the phone once it goes into power save mode, otherwise it wont come out of it. Thus, you continue to miss calls even when the phone is charged.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
I dont think there is a definitive answer for why the Mogul or Touch wont sometimes wake from sleep. I seriously doubt its due to 3P apps because people have stated that its happened to them stock- I'm one of them.

It has become so frustrating to miss calls and text at such an alarming wait. And OMG- the arguemenst I've had- people do think you're ignoring their calls! I dont know how many times my phones have been referred to as $600 pieces of junk; while someone's $49.99 phone works flawlessly- never a missed call!

Because I depend on my phone to work at least 95% of the time, I've been forced to leave my Touch home and carry my 755p. Hopefully someone will figure out the root cause instead of all the guessing that been populated here and other forums.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue