PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Metro PCS
Threadstarter

srjag is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sms stopped working

Thank you So much Horndoctor for explaining that to me...no one has been able to. i was wondering if you have any idea what this is: when i go into the remove programs theres a program called "Ryanmogul Full metro PCS Program" Any idea what that is?? Oh and whats a good rom to use i know there are a lot and i don't know which one is good...not looking for anything special just something close to normal without all the htc crap...And do i even have to flash the rom or can i just keep the factory one? Sry for all the questions i just want to make sure i do this right.. BTW my phone is the sprint vouge

Last edited by srjag; 06-01-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjag
Thank you So much Horndoctor for explaining that to me...no one has been able to. i was wondering if you have any idea what this is: when i go into the remove programs theres a program called "Ryanmogul Full metro PCS Program" Any idea what that is?? Oh and whats a good rom to use i know there are a lot and i don't know which one is good...not looking for anything special just something close to normal without all the htc crap...And do i even have to flash the rom or can i just keep the factory one? Sry for all the questions i just want to make sure i do this right.. BTW my phone is the sprint vouge
No problem.
That Full Metro may be a cab that was installed to set metro provisioning so you can use data and sms and other services. I would look for the cab on your device and save it. You never know you may want to use it.
You don't have to flash your Vogue to use it with Metro but if you want to be able to use all of the features and capabilities of it like data, sms, mms, and gps then you'll need to. If you follow that tutorial you should be able to do what's called a full flash to metro. Meaning everything works. I recommend if you decide to flash use one of the roms made by users who are on Metro so everything should be preset for you. The Metro Mafia over on howard forums probably have several. The author of that thread has cooked some so you might try those. Otherwise there are many available that are not carrier specific which are labeled as such or generic. Just do some reading and you are half way there. Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Vogue

Darkstar127 is a n00b

horndoctor, I made an account that reffered to you getting me to join ppcgeeks. which is true. But, I need ur help. If there was any quick wayy to relock my vogue, how would I do it? I need to get off of Android and back onto WM6 on the stock rom for sprint. Step by step instructions would be VERY helpful and appreciated.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar127 View Post
horndoctor, I made an account that reffered to you getting me to join ppcgeeks. which is true. But, I need ur help. If there was any quick wayy to relock my vogue, how would I do it? I need to get off of Android and back onto WM6 on the stock rom for sprint. Step by step instructions would be VERY helpful and appreciated.
First, download this stock rom:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Whosd...ogue%20ROM.exe

Put it on your PC somewhere like My Documents where you won't misplace it.
Then put your Vogue in bootloader by pressing and holding the power and camera buttons and pushing the stylus into the reset hole.
Toward the bottom it should read Serial. Connect your Vogue to your PC with the USB cable and then where it said Serial it will change to USB.
Then click on the stock rom exe you downloaded and flash the stock rom. That's about it.

Now, you really don't have to re-lock to return to Sprint for warranty replacement or repair but if you really want to re-lock it then you will have to download the .40 unlocker here:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Im...e_unlocker.exe

Then flash it from bootloader as described above. Then after you finish flashing the .40 then flash the stock rom you downloaded.
Give Whosdaman and ImCoKeMaN some thanks for posting the rom and unlocker!
Good Luck!

Last edited by horndoctor; 10-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Vogue

Darkstar127 is a n00b

BIG THANKS!!!!!! :"D Thanks sooo much!!!!! I was about to sweat a bullet with trying to come up with money for a new phone xD lol....Thanks man!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Cricket

qweenofyou is a n00b

Dude, I can assure you, if I can do this, you can! I learned because I was dead broke, quit Verizon, was looking for a job so couldn't be without a phone and wasn't about to give up my then brand new HTC 6900 for a Cricket clinker! Read, read , read. Then when you have some time, read. Whitey10tc and a few others have step by steps posted and if you have any questions after your all studied up, everyone is really helpful. My personal sticking point was qpst due to a silly little checkmark in a box I wasn't unchecking(nobody mentioned it, I accidentally found it) that kept the software from recognizing my phone. After I got through that, I had a fully, and I have to say nicely, flashed phone and still had some hair left! Keep your chin up and go for it...just read slowly and deliberately and it'll be okay.*me smiling*
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue