PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Metro PCS

srjag is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sms stopped working

Hey guys so i have a problem with my phone...i was texting last night and it got stuck so i did a soft reset and now my messaging does not work. i tryed using sktools but it didnt help like it did last time. i have the stock sprint rom and its flashed to metro pcs. any help will be VERY appreciated
Old 05-30-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor
Re: sms stopped working

try doing a hardreset and see if that helps, if not try reflashing maybe it could be the rom
Old 05-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjag View Post
Hey guys so i have a problem with my phone...i was texting last night and it got stuck so i did a soft reset and now my messaging does not work. i tryed using sktools but it didnt help like it did last time. i have the stock sprint rom and its flashed to metro pcs. any help will be VERY appreciated
Sounds like when you soft reset your messaging settings reverted back to sprint.
Take a close look at this great tutorial on howard forums for the vogue:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495585

There may have been an error when your phone was flashed to metro originally. That thread should have everything you need.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

srjag is a n00b

Heres the thing if i do a hard reset i have to go pay the only guy in town 80 bucks to hook it up to my metro network again. (@$$Hole i know..) So im trying to find a way to avoid a hard reset. i had this problem about a month ago and i used sk tools clean up and it started working perfectly again. this time sk tools didnt help.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjag View Post
Heres the thing if i do a hard reset i have to go pay the only guy in town 80 bucks to hook it up to my metro network again. (@$$Hole i know..) So im trying to find a way to avoid a hard reset. i had this problem about a month ago and i used sk tools clean up and it started working perfectly again. this time sk tools didnt help.
Are you on a stock carrier ROM? If your on a custom ROM hard reset it, but before doing so copy down all your epst setting or use QPST to make a QCN back up. Then hard reset and load any cabs your using back to the device and you should be good.
No need to pay someone to do it. Your ESN's already in Metro's system So at the most you'd need to do would be load the PRL and make a few pst adjustments and with a QCN back up all that would be done for you.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

srjag is a n00b

hey whitey10tc i do not know much about this...ugh how can i find out if its the stock carrier rom? And if i just hard reset it will my talk and text go away or just my files and programs?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

srjag is a n00b

Hey guys im really getting desparate here... i did some searching around and i ended up installing a new text program...IT SUCKS!! its SUPER SLOWW and doesnt even work right..Anyway i can revert back to the stock wm6.1 Text program?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjag
Hey guys im really getting desparate here... i did some searching around and i ended up installing a new text program...IT SUCKS!! its SUPER SLOWW and doesnt even work right..Anyway i can revert back to the stock wm6.1 Text program?
Here's the thing. The reason I gave you that link in my first response is because I'm pretty sure the initial flash you paid $80 for sounds like it was not done right.
I say read the instructions in that thread and maybe do some other research yourself and then flash your phone to metro yourself the right way. You can do it. You just have to do a little studying and go through the proceedure. Good Luck Bro!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

srjag is a n00b

Ok horndoctor you got me interested. Im gonna run through that procedure today after work. I do have one question though how do i get back on the metro network after the hard reset and/or flashing? Sry to be a pain in the @$$ but i want to understand what im doing so i dont end up getting stuck without a phone.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjag
Ok horndoctor you got me interested. Im gonna run through that procedure today after work. I do have one question though how do i get back on the metro network after the hard reset and/or flashing? Sry to be a pain in the @$$ but i want to understand what im doing so i dont end up getting stuck without a phone.
Your device's esn is in metro's system so after you do the proceedure you'll be good.
You see, after you flash your device properly if you have to do a hard reset later everything should still work properly. At least when you need to soft reset you certainly won't loose any settings. Backup any apps or data currently stored on your device before you do anything if you want to keep some stuff or reinstall it after you re-flash.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue