PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which device has better battery life?
Mogul 53 51.96%
Touch 49 48.04%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machtenx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
No power hacks on my Mogul.

They definitely do NOT have the same screen - the Touch's screen looks fine straight on and from the side axis, but not from top and bottom off-axis views (gains and loses contrast respectively), so I suspect it may be a power saving screen. (Mogul looks same from all views)
That is a good thought, probably the best explanation I've seen since the screen uses more power than anything in these devices.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machtenx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
It's proving to me that people who like their Mogul, but have never seen a Touch, are voting for the Mogul based on emotion, not fact!
That is assuming people are complete idiots - which may be a proper assumption.... lol

Hopefully they're not that dumb. It's possible that the battery life is equivalent... if, for example Touch has a more efficient screen, and the Mogul has a less efficient screen but more battery capacity.

According to www.sprint.com:

Mogul = 4.1 hours talk time
Touch = 4.0 hours talk time

but this isn't a final verdict either, because the screen shuts off while you're on the phone
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
The only way to settle this is to fully charge a touch and a mogul. Hard reset, go through the setup screens and leave both devices alone. See which lasts longer.
Oh, and then there is the which ROM question?!*
It is sooooo user specific and device setup dependant that you could say there is no right or wrong answer to which lasts longer.
I've got a keyboard (mogul). It lasts all day with no problem. ROM 1.16 and radio 4.7 I usually have it charging anyway and I've got an extended battery on the way.
No problems, no lock ups, bluetooth works perfectly. lucky me.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nerdstrap is just getting started
OMG! I have Spb Mobile Shell, Spb Phone Suite and Spb Time all installed on my Mogul. I can't make it 10 hours without charging! I keep it plugged into the usb port at work so that it won't die on me at the gym.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdstrap View Post
OMG! I have Spb Mobile Shell, Spb Phone Suite and Spb Time all installed on my Mogul. I can't make it 10 hours without charging! I keep it plugged into the usb port at work so that it won't die on me at the gym.
The only one of those I don't use is Shell because it seems redundant.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by machtenx View Post
That is assuming people are complete idiots - which may be a proper assumption.... lol

Hopefully they're not that dumb. It's possible that the battery life is equivalent... if, for example Touch has a more efficient screen, and the Mogul has a less efficient screen but more battery capacity.

According to www.sprint.com:

Mogul = 4.1 hours talk time
Touch = 4.0 hours talk time

but this isn't a final verdict either, because the screen shuts off while you're on the phone
Yes, I think that is a proper assumption about those people who are voting for or against a device they don't have.

Like people who do online reviews on Amazon, Newegg or Cnet and trash products that haven't even been released yet!!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinabrady View Post
The only way to settle this is to fully charge a touch and a mogul. Hard reset, go through the setup screens and leave both devices alone. See which lasts longer.
Oh, and then there is the which ROM question?!*
It is sooooo user specific and device setup dependant that you could say there is no right or wrong answer to which lasts longer.
I've got a keyboard (mogul). It lasts all day with no problem. ROM 1.16 and radio 4.7 I usually have it charging anyway and I've got an extended battery on the way.
No problems, no lock ups, bluetooth works perfectly. lucky me.
My Mogul was hard reset 10 days ago and has 3 or 4 commercial (Resco, Spb) apps on it. My Touch was hard reset Sunday and has the same apps.

I've already posted my data several times. Here's an update after 9 hours today:

Mogul (with 1650 battery) with latest ROM and radio; approx 10 minutes of on time, no BT, no calls, no Internet - 70%
Titan approx 1 hour on time, half was Internet, no BT, no calls - 90%

So, Mogul has used 3x the battery power with 10% the use of a Touch.

Seems like a pretty controlled test with pretty clear results to me.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
This poll is stupid. It's obvious there are fanboys of the Mogul who are voting for it. Judging by the replies in this thread, I can guarantee most of the votes for the Mogul are by people who don't even have a Touch.

I just recently hard reset my Mogul, and with the 2.16 ROM, my battery life has never been better. But, the stats people are posting on here about their Touch seem to be better than my Mogul.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started
I cant wait till the OEM sized 1500mah battery comes out for the touch comes out because my touch battery is horrible It is usually down to 20 percent by 8pm. Today is the first day that I've had decent battery life maybe its taken a full week to finally condition this battery. So far at 530pm Its at 70%

edit: My Mogul will usually go past midnight and without dieing on me

Last edited by biggggant; 11-07-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jaytv is becoming a great contributor
The Touch uses not only a more efficient LED backlight on it's screen that the Mogul does not have, but also has DDR memory vs. the Mogul's SDRAM, and the DDR memory runs at a lower voltage.
The two combine to improve battery life.
Also, the Mogul has many more LEDs lighting the many buttons on the face, as well as the keyboard, that the Touch does not have.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue