PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which device has better battery life?
Mogul 53 51.96%
Touch 49 48.04%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machtenx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Not even close! Touch by a wide margin.

I'm currently carrying both, and have compared each at the end of a 12-14 hour day.

My Touch with stock battery gets more use than my Mogul with 1650 battery, and has 10-20% more battery at end of day.

Today is a great data point - neither has been used yet, both have been off the charger for 4 hours. Touch has 100%. Mogul has 80%. BT off on both.

Hmmm interesting.. is your Mogul hacked for power management and those other power saving reg-edits? I'm wondering if the Touch has those already built in... with the HTC Homeplug, OZIM, SprintTV, it seems to be more of a finished product. This is all well and good but in a few months the Mogul's software might be on par with the Touch.

MAH does not equal usage time, but given that they have the same processor and same screen.. it's strange that a smaller capacity battery would last longer. Having a larger memory capacity has to put more strain on the battery

I'm not arguing with you or disputing what you say, just trying to help evaluate a clear picture of both device's battery life. I want to believe the Touch lasts longer, it's just so counterintuitive

Last edited by machtenx; 11-07-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machtenx is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
simply saying the mogul is 1500 and touch is 1100 so it must be better isnt proof of any kind. i own both and the touch is much better on battery life from personal similar use on both
I agree MAH does not equal battery life. If you say the Touch lasts longer than the Mogul I'll believe you, but I wanna know that it's because the device is more efficient or something, not because the Mogul's software is garbage.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
so why are the polls showing Mogul with better battery ? Just Touch enviests ?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: cricket

jguttz is a n00b
what is all the problems people are having with the mogul? im using the mogul flashed to cricket and i really like it, i dont have any problems except maybe that the ringers are a little low but thats about it. before that i was using the 6700 and the battery on that was terrible. i needed two batteries because one would already be pretty much gone by about 8pm. the bluetooth on my mogul is fine, sounds as good as it did on the 6700 and the battery lasts a lot longer. sometimes at about 2am my battery is still at like 50%. i keep reading that people are having problems with the mogul but im really liking mine. maybe its the sprint software. what i did was flash the alltel rom on it and then made cricket internet and mms work on it and then did some reg edits so maybe that could be why i dont have problems i dont know. havent even seen the touch in person yet though.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machtenx is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
It keeps bouncing back and forth.

I think the problem is that it depends highly on the configuration of the Mogul. Personally I don't see how a 1100 MAH Touch can beat an optimized 1500 MAH Mogul. The Mogul won't be optimized until next year though so it's hard to estimate.

I could be totally wrong though.. maybe the Touch implemented some advanced battery implement that optimizes battery life. If so I would love to know about it.. I'd be first in line for a Touch
Old 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

machtenx is a n00b
12 to 12... Crapola... I think this thread is proving what I feared... too hard to tell which has better. :-/ keep voting.. lol
Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by machtenx View Post
Hmmm interesting.. is your Mogul hacked for power management and those other power saving reg-edits? I'm wondering if the Touch has those already built in... with the HTC Homeplug, OZIM, SprintTV, it seems to be more of a finished product. This is all well and good but in a few months the Mogul's software might be on par with the Touch.

MAH does not equal usage time, but given that they have the same processor and same screen.. it's strange that a smaller capacity battery would last longer. Having a larger memory capacity has to put more strain on the battery

I'm not arguing with you or disputing what you say, just trying to help evaluate a clear picture of both device's battery life. I want to believe the Touch lasts longer, it's just so counterintuitive
No power hacks on my Mogul.

They definitely do NOT have the same screen - the Touch's screen looks fine straight on and from the side axis, but not from top and bottom off-axis views (gains and loses contrast respectively), so I suspect it may be a power saving screen. (Mogul looks same from all views)
Old 11-07-2007, 04:37 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
That's my guess!

I have yet to see a post from someone who has both devices, and provides examples of where & how their Mogul battery is better.

I think the votes on this poll are totally worthless and meaningless. (Comments good, though!)
Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6800 & 700wx
Carrier: sprint

mista _young is a n00b
I don't think I would like the touch because , I don't have a lot of time to keep touching the screen . I love the the dpad with all the cabs I have on the moguil from the touch. I don't like to have the phone out of the case .
Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
Originally Posted by machtenx View Post
12 to 12... Crapola... I think this thread is proving what I feared... too hard to tell which has better. :-/ keep voting.. lol
It's proving to me that people who like their Mogul, but have never seen a Touch, are voting for the Mogul based on emotion, not fact!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue