PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: OpenGL Driver

Mac has 3 known virus, all of which were stopped within 30 minutes...

Mac has been hacked one time and it was because of a flaw in the adobe flash design...

Linux has had viruses, but they are stopped before anyone even notices it because everyone has the codes to linux...nothing is hidden
Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

really the only major "virus" (more exploits and zombie master code than virus) are usually directed to *nix flavored server and server applications rather than Linux directly regarding desktop/laptop installations

Writing any exploit or zombie master codes for desktops and laptops running *nix is next to useless for the above mentioned reasons - whereas for servers and web hosts doing so can infect far more machines quicker, especially Win boxes

Now where are we on the OpenGL work ???

LOL

Detroit Doug

Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Mac has 3 known virus, all of which were stopped within 30 minutes...

Mac has been hacked one time and it was because of a flaw in the adobe flash design...

Linux has had viruses, but they are stopped before anyone even notices it because everyone has the codes to linux...nothing is hidden
that's good to know about linux though. That it's that safe. I thought it was just like macs basically. And there is actually more than that.
I use to work customer service for apple, there were a few handfuls more of viruses for them, but they weren't well known or all that harmful really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
really the only major "virus" (more exploits and zombie master code than virus) are usually directed to *nix flavored server and server applications rather than Linux directly regarding desktop/laptop installations

Writing any exploit or zombie master codes for desktops and laptops running *nix is next to useless for the above mentioned reasons - whereas for servers and web hosts doing so can infect far more machines quicker, especially Win boxes

Now where are we on the OpenGL work ???

LOL

Detroit Doug
yeah, I've heard of the server attacks a few times, that's where I was basing that off of for linux.

And I posted where we were at for the OpenGL in my last post.

EDIT::
Check out this article about Apple struggling with their products safety with "malware and other online threats"

Last edited by codybear; 06-09-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:01 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Mac did just come out with a new Anti-Virus software...you have to pay for it, but I have no problems with it. Mac is Linux based, just with closed codes....
Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

Correction, mac is UNIX based, which linux is also based off of. Mac is not based on linux.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link9228 View Post
Correction, mac is UNIX based, which linux is also based off of. Mac is not based on linux.
true, i couldnt remember the exact name so i just said linux
Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link9228 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
true, i couldnt remember the exact name so i just said linux
I was gonna say, I didn't know it was linux.
Good to know I'm not completely out of my mind.
I love that no matter how many times we've tried to bring this thread back on track it just keeps going farther and farther off track.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Eh. Sorry, that last one's kind-of my fault.

Until we get more information, I don't see any way of effectively bringing the thread back on topic.

Unless... We bring this whole conversation back into swing more specifically about linux, and then we get to android, with Vogue HW acceleration, which brings us back to OpenGL here.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well I'm posting a new 6.5 ROM of mine that has the OpenGL driver in it :-\...
Old 06-09-2009, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

In a way I'm confused. Does the OpenGL driver already exist? If it does, then I can see why the performance would increase... but if we're just placing a .dll file into a folder that no files are explicitly using, then the performance wouldn't change. I would also assume that a windows device would have limited support for OpenGL, and that DirectDraw/D3D would be more of a focus on their devices...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development