PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like this ROM?
Yes 168 68.85%
It's OK 35 14.34%
Neutral 30 12.30%
Not so Good 4 1.64%
No 7 2.87%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 3/13/09] v2.1 WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbud View Post
Just tried it. It opens up the audio manager playlist and file manager screen, and when I select a file it goes right back to the touchflo tab. When I go to a file from the touchflo tab, I typically hit the library button and select "player" to get to the player screen. That goes back to the touchflo tab as well.

I then tried disabling the music tab in M2DC. Upon starting audio manager and selecting a file, it just went back to touchflo without the tab being there and thus no way to control the file at all. Weird!
Sounds like an old error when TF2D first was coming out, granted Im not running this ROM (yet) but I remember a similar issue where the fix was a simple reg edit

Memory Issue:
open the reg editor and navigate to,
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> required_mem_size. Change required_mem_size from 51664680 to 25832340 (or even smaller if needed - 0 (zero) seems to work just fine, investigating any issues now but seems to be fine).
Basically this line specifies how much free RAM is required for the Audio Manager to start.

Music location settings:
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path
or
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path0

and add the direct folder location of your music e.g. on my device its \storage card\my documents\music and I put it in the first entry and low and behold no more memory issue and a MUCH quicker find to the files it needs

Detroit Doug

Last edited by detroit_doug; 03-14-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Sounds like an old error when TF2D first was coming out, granted Im not running this ROM (yet) but I remember a similar issue where the fix was a simple reg edit

Memory Issue:
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> required_mem_size. Change required_mem_size from 51664680 to 25832340 (or even smaller if needed - 0 (zero) seems to work just fine, investigating any issues now but seems to be fine).
Basically this line specifies how much free RAM is required for the Audio Manager to start.

Music location settings:
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path
or
HKLM-> Software-> HTC-> AudioManager-> Config-> device_scan_path_path0

and add the direct folder location of your music e.g. on my device its \storage card\my documents\music and I put it in the first entry and low and behold no more memory issue and a MUCH quicker find to the files it needs

Detroit Doug
Well look who it is

Welcome back...also Doug, I have the Memory Required set at 0
Old 03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: verizon wireless

filthy1 is a n00b

when will the verizon version be up?!!! glad you are back Whosdaman!!!@
Old 03-14-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I'm not sure....there's alot I got to do for Verizon....I think, I have to dump the Verizon rom and put the carrier files into the kitchen

Does anyone know where I can get the official Verizon Rom?
Old 03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Well look who it is

Welcome back...also Doug, I have the Memory Required set at 0
LOL yuppers, little ole me always lurking about here and there LOL

OK, like I said, I hadnt flashed to it yet to check it out so I wasnt sure, but its was an idea of what could be LOL

Detroit Doug
Old 03-14-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started

OK, the video cam no longer works, get an"unable to start recording video. Unable to create video file." Also, a good program that works great on the Vogue is SPB backup. Also, can you add slingbox to the full version??
Old 03-15-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Sweet, trying this now, been running V1.6 for months so thank you for the update. Hope this fixes some of the issues I had in the previous build with recorded vides not showing up on my pic/vid tab.
=D>
Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

apeas2 is just getting started

another update...When I turned off the phone (holding power buttton for 3 sec), it went to bootloader screen (rainbow) which fixed itself with a soft reset. Also, the text messaging starts typing numbers instead of letters until you close and reopen which was a problem with one of your older roms. Maybe 1.5
Old 03-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
i dont think the codes work in this dialer....sorry

but i do know this, my unknown issue....will remain unknown and will go unfxed until someone else reports the problem because I have talked to my best guys and none of them knows even where to start to try to fix it
I have a pretty good idea what your unknown issue is...
Old 03-15-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Apeas got it, and I'm sorry that's what's delaying 2.2....I cant get it fixed so, if you can get over the fact that if you open a message up from M2D tab, you will have to type with the QWERTY....if you go to all message and open one up all keyboards work

Also, the 3 second hold thing, it didnt go to bootloader for me....

I have had no issues with the camera taking pics or vids yet....make sure you have enough space where your saving it too

Also, the reason why the pics and vids dont show up on the m2d is because it's pointing to the My Device/My Docs folder, you will need to change it to your Storage Card through the Registry I think....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development