PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like this ROM?
Yes 168 68.85%
It's OK 35 14.34%
Neutral 30 12.30%
Not so Good 4 1.64%
No 7 2.87%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

davedz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 4/6/09] v2.4&v4.1 All Carrier Clean ROMs UP, WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlrottge View Post
I was using PDANET two days ago. You have to use the newest version (2.0)
I have version 2.0 and also Vista. The combination worked until this release of the ROM. It seems like PDANet initializes, logs on to Sprint lasts for about 30 seconds then logs off. If I reboot the Touch and then my laptop and reconnect I can duplicate the error over and over.

Something changed between the last ROM version and this one that kills PDAnet. I am at SP2 on Vista.

Dave
Old 05-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

jaewang is a n00b
Re: [UPDATED 4/6/09] v2.4&v4.1 All Carrier Clean ROMs UP, WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedz View Post
I have version 2.0 and also Vista. The combination worked until this release of the ROM. It seems like PDANet initializes, logs on to Sprint lasts for about 30 seconds then logs off. If I reboot the Touch and then my laptop and reconnect I can duplicate the error over and over.

Something changed between the last ROM version and this one that kills PDAnet. I am at SP2 on Vista.

Dave
You don't need PDANet. This rom is tether safe. I have been tethering via Internet Sharing, averaging 3.5GB a month without any issue.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker

davedz is a n00b

Isn't Internet Sharing one of those chargeable Sprint features? If not, it does sound ideal and would eliminate PDAnet.

So, just to say it another way, if I have the unlimited data feature I can just use Internet Sharing at no extra cost?

Dave
Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Yes, because I have the fix in the Sprint rom for Internet Sharing
Old 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6900
Carrier: Att

deejaypapa is a n00b

ok total noob question here and im surprised im asking it, but there are a few roms ive downloaded, and they have no .nbh file. so...how exactly would i flash a rom that has no .nbh file.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thejunki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaypapa View Post
ok total noob question here and im surprised im asking it, but there are a few roms ive downloaded, and they have no .nbh file. so...how exactly would i flash a rom that has no .nbh file.
I have the same question. I guess we missed some setup instructions or something.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can download whatever carrier rom you use then extract the files from the rar. The run the setup utility in the folder.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thejunki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
You can download whatever carrier rom you use then extract the files from the rar. The run the setup utility in the folder.
I downloaded sprint clean v2.4.rar when i extract it i get an error and i only list these files. I have downloaded it 4 times so i dont think it is corrupt.

folder called BuildOS RUU
inside that files listed are
PagePool Changer.exe
ModeID.fig
ErrorUSB.fig
ErroBattery.fig
EnterBootloader.exe

no setup
Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejunki View Post
I downloaded sprint clean v2.4.rar when i extract it i get an error and i only list these files. I have downloaded it 4 times so i dont think it is corrupt.

folder called BuildOS RUU
inside that files listed are
PagePool Changer.exe
ModeID.fig
ErrorUSB.fig
ErroBattery.fig
EnterBootloader.exe

no setup
I just downloaded Sprint Clean 2.4 and extracted it with WinRAR and inside i have:

EnterBootloader
ErrorBattery.fig
ErrorUSB.fig
ModelID.fig
PagePool Changer
Rapitool
ROMUpdateUtility
RUU_sighed.nbh
RUUGetInfo
RUUResource.dll

Everything is there that you need. Hope this helps...
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Lurker

dl00 is a n00b

I just installed Sprint Clean 2.4 two days ago. Each morning since then I find that my phone doesn't wake up after charging all night. It seems frozen, but maybe the screen is just not waking up. The LED still blinks.

Other than that, the ROM is working great for me. Maybe it's not a problem specific to this ROM and I should post elsewhere. Anyone else ever have this issue?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development