PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated 2/25 Unofficial PPCK Build Updates 20954, 210xx, 21015, 21018

Thank you so much for your hard work... I have been a flashing fool for a week now. 21015 worked perfect.
Just flashed the latest 21018 and I have a strange problem. Everything works perfectly except BT.
My BT connects and works fine until you end the call. Then the BT disconnects??? Very annoying!
Any words of wisdom? Is it a setting? I could have possibly done something wrong in Advanced Config maybe...

My BT selections are Quicklink, BT file transfer, and the Audio Gateway.
I have a Sprint Touch.
I was very careful about loading all your files correctly.

dj
Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Talking Re: Updated 2/25 Unofficial PPCK Build Updates 20954, 210xx, 21015, 21018

D,

Could you please tell me how you removed the built in Windows Task Manager. I hate it and your latest release for both vogue and titan is without a task manager. I have been trying to remove it myself prior to cooking for sometime now and can't seem to find it.

Thanks so much for the release great build.

Rob g
Old 02-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Its definately working you must have missed something. Double check those and post back.
oh man, finally! i was sure i did everything correct before but who knows. but now everything is A ok. whoohoo! loving this rom way more now that it actually works lol i'm not sure what it was though as i re downloaded the whole kitchen and your files. a blunder was made somewhere...

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
D,

Could you please tell me how you removed the built in Windows Task Manager. I hate it and your latest release for both vogue and titan is without a task manager. I have been trying to remove it myself prior to cooking for sometime now and can't seem to find it.

Rob g
I didn't its a selectable oem in the kitchen.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:15 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post
Thank you so much for your hard work... I have been a flashing fool for a week now. 21015 worked perfect.
Just flashed the latest 21018 and I have a strange problem. Everything works perfectly except BT.
My BT connects and works fine until you end the call. Then the BT disconnects??? Very annoying!
Any words of wisdom? Is it a setting? I could have possibly done something wrong in Advanced Config maybe...

I have a Sprint Touch.

dj
I use my touch pro now instead of vogue and its works fine on the TP. I have found conflicts with some of the BT oems in newer builds. Try it with those unselected. Its the same bt sys files for all devices so IDK why it would work ok on one but not another. If it still wont work pm me and I'll try to help you build with the 21015 BT sys.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

what pagepool size iz best with 21018 to get FULL HORSEPOWER?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:25 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
For vogue since its got plenty of ram I like 24mb
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
D,

Rob g
21018 SYS doesn't include the Microsoft task manager. If anyone wants it, the 21015 task manager works in 21018. Attached to this post. Place taskmgr.exe in \Windows and place the .lnk wherever you want in \Windows\Start Menu.

If you want to remove it in an earlier SYS you need to do three things:

1) Remove taskmgr.exe from the Shell folder in your SYS before cooking
2) Remove taskmgr.lnk from the Shell folder in your SYS before cooking
3) Edit the .rgu file in the Shell folder and remove the following three sections:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M STASKMGR]
"0"="MSTASKMGR" ; class name
"1"="taskmgr.exe" ; exe to launch
"2"=dword:1 ; perf hint (RAI_PERF_*)
"3"=dword:0 ; app type (?)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\taskmgrapp\DefaultIcon]
@="shellresapps.dll,-20228"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\taskmgrapp\SelectIcon]
@="shellresapps.dll,-20229"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\TaskMgr]
"Redirect"=":MSTASKMGR"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\TaskMgr]
"RefreshInterval"=dword:1E
"ProcUsageRefreshInterval"=dword:5

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\TaskMgr]
"Group"=dword:1
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaskMgr.zip (13.9 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post

I have a Sprint Touch.

dj
You have probably enabled power management for the Audio Gateway service in Diamond Tweak or Advanced Config. You need to leave it disabled to prevent the behavior you are describing.

Note - both of those applications were made for GSM Diamonds - you can get yourself in trouble using them on CDMA Touch Pros...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Don't know how much RAM Vogue has, but if you have more than 160M-170M of program memory, set your pagepool size to zero. This lets Windows use however much it wants. Keep an eye on it and if you run out of memory for applications because the pagepool is too big, you can go for 24MB or 32MB. Anything more than that will quickly reach a point of diminishing returns.

For gimped VZW phones, 12MB - 16MB is the max you can afford. Do NOT go for zero on a VZW phone - you will run out of memory unless you are careful to only open one app at a time.

BTW - the general rule of thumb is that the more apps you have installed and the more switching you do amongst them, the more you will need/use the pagepool. If you have a very skinny build (i.e. not much cooked in) then you will not need a big pagepool. lllboredlll runs 6MB with a totally stripped load.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development