PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900

NewMTJGuy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM6.1 build 20748 GPS kitchen

I'm having that setMMDN.exe error as well. Using Verizon also. The error mentioned .Net being too old, but according to the Microsoft installer, it's the latest version.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Voice command audio gateway very quiet on MSVC v1.6.19965

So I just moved over from the titan and I am not sure if this is an issue with the vogue with msvc. I cooked my own custom rom from the 20748 kitchen using MSVC v1.6.19965 and it works but the initial audio feedback is really quiet. I searched all over and could not find any results to a possible fix on making it louder. I did perform the hack for loud audio but that is for inbound announcements.

Hacks I did are below

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1

The values are:
AttenutationCategory 5
InitVol 5

Changing these higher or lower do nothing to the initial audio gateway response. So if you initiate from the earpiece and it makes its dink sound its super quiet you say call "blah blah on cell" and it says call "blah blah on cell" I say yes and it dials, and then the volume on the phone call is fine, just the audio feedback with MSVC is super low. If anyone has seen this issue or has a fix or any advice please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon 6900
Carrier: Verizon

thenewkid is a n00b

K my device now gets past the connection error it was getting before... now i get a the status bar to show up on both device and comp...... I am running vista ,

I now get : Error [262] update error

What is this????
Old 09-19-2008, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid View Post
Ok When i go to build the rom it takes me through the screens of do i have everything connected and then i get to the update screen i click on update my phone goes into bootloader mode and the screen pops up with the status bar ....... then it tells me:

Connection error you device may not be connected..
But my device is still connected and says USB at the bottom......
SO WHAT GIVES???????

Here is the last section of my log:

(RGUComp) done!

Checking C:\Users\ryan\AppData\Roaming\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7Temp\nk.nb for bad NAND block marker
Checked 0x6300 sectors successfully!
Done.

Encoding
NBH Generator ver0.1 by bot

01_MainSplash.nb
02_SubSplash.nb
nk.nb
Completed.

Build #4 completed.

Preparing RUU folder
Cleaning up

Starting RUU
Finished.
Well I would just flash from the bootloader, safest way and quickest way.

Simply go into your documents folder and look for the nbf file. Rename it to voguimg.nbh

Copy it to a fat32 formatted non SDHC card and then put the phone into the bootloader. You do that by pressing the power button, camera button, and soft reset at the same time. It will go into the booloader and say checking. Then simply press the power button to start flashing. When done it will say success and soft reset the device.

That's it

Goodluck,

Mikee

Last edited by mikee4fun; 09-19-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon 6900
Carrier: Verizon

thenewkid is a n00b

I have verizon .... does that matter?

Secondly how do i upgrade my Radio?

and unlock with coke if i have verizon?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:40 PM
GT!
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

GT! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT! View Post
I'm also in Canada. Dates in my option.xml appear to be 4 digit already, so not sure what to do. I'm running vista and the region is set to "English (Canada)". Our date format is dd/mm/yyyy vs mm/dd/yyyy for US. Don't know if this is the answer. I could try changing my setting and report back if that will help - let me know.

-GT
Changing my region to English (United States) solved the date problem. It's no big deal for me to leave it this way, I actually prefer mm/dd/yyyy

I did still get a date error for my personal oems. Looks like they were in dd/mm/yyyy format. I didn't need them so just deleted. No more errors. Now to play with this kitchen

-GT
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 PM
GT!
PPCGeeks Regular

GT! is becoming a great contributor

Ok built a rom with this new kitchen. Seems good so far. On thing that bothers me is that I now have the current time in the title bar instead of a battery meter. How do I get the battery meter back?

-GT
Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aspalaasn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSheep View Post
In case this hasnt been posted yet.

If youre having the dialer popup randomly use this registry change below.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\ShowTitleBarClock from 1 to 2

To fix the "all programs" soft key in Manilla 2d launcher tab, extract the folderview.exe and place it in your windows folder on your device.
folderview.exe in zip below
cool, that folderview fixed the all programs softkey. I guess the next thing is having the email problem fixed.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

has anybody succesfully been able to install bluetooth? I have a vogue and my bluetooth does not work and because of that... No GPS
Old 09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aspalaasn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT! View Post
Ok built a rom with this new kitchen. Seems good so far. On thing that bothers me is that I now have the current time in the title bar instead of a battery meter. How do I get the battery meter back?

-GT
I noticed that as well, I changed it using advance config back to battery as the default rather than time. Kind of silly having the time on title bar and on the today screen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development