PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

aspalaasn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Vogue WM6.1 build 20748 GPS kitchen

I've finally built my first rom with this new kitchen. Here's what I found...

It seems like the errors that I had with the date is a problem. When the errors occur, they do not have them listed with those check boxes but when I build a rom, it seems like they are built into the rom. GPSViewer was one of those that had errors and was not shown for me to select whether to add it or not, yet when I built my rom, I had GPSViewer. Also, FTouchFlo is there when I didnt select it since it wasn't even available due to errors. Can anyone help me out?

I've tried reinstalling twice now from scratch and I don't know what's causing the problems. The kitchen was working fine before I updated to this new one. I even tried using the selections from 20273 and I get the errors there as well. Is there any way to revert back to an earlier version of the kitchen?

I may try opening the rar for ppckitchen and deleting those that have errors to see if it makes a different, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 02:43 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspalaasn View Post

It seems like the errors that I had with the date is a problem. When the errors occur, they do not have them listed with those check boxes but when I build a rom, it seems like they are built into the rom. GPSViewer was one of those that had errors and was not shown for me to select whether to add it or not, yet when I built my rom, I had GPSViewer. Also, FTouchFlo is there when I didnt select it since it wasn't even available due to errors. Can anyone help me out?
I'll try to take a look at that Friday. I'll definitely fix the date handling error.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
BIG PROBLEM!!! the new kitchen messed up my memory card... wrote garbage to it and deleted all my files!
That's not the kitchen, that's your card. The kitchen doens't do anything with SD cards. I haven't seen it happen w/ premium cards, but I have seen it several times over the years with cheap ones.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I'll try to take a look at that Friday. I'll definitely fix the date handling error.
Hi gguruusa, ok, it was annoying me so I deleted them from the rar...and it stopped the errors. Anyway, then I decided to open up the options.xml and change the date and added back in. This seemed to fix it as I can now select those that had errors before. Apparently the dates all had their years in 2 digits instead of 4 as in 08 instead of 2008 and this was causing the problems. All is well now. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:49 AM
GT!
PPCGeeks Regular

GT! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspalaasn View Post

I've tried reinstalling twice now from scratch and I don't know what's causing the problems. The kitchen was working fine before I updated to this new one. I even tried using the selections from 20273 and I get the errors there as well. Is there any way to revert back to an earlier version of the kitchen?

I may try opening the rar for ppckitchen and deleting those that have errors to see if it makes a different, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
I have the exact same problem with the dates (e.g. "kitchens\sys_20748_common.rar:IRDA\option.xml conversion string "5/31/2008" to type "Date" is not valid.")

-GT
Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
That's not the kitchen, that's your card. The kitchen doens't do anything with SD cards. I haven't seen it happen w/ premium cards, but I have seen it several times over the years with cheap ones.
ok thanks... this is the first time this has ever happened to me and i guess the kitchen was the only thing changed... but would Kingston 8GB Micro SDHC Mobility Multi Kit Model MBLY/8GB be considered 'good'? and has any other alltel cook seen a problem with data?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Is anyone else having a problem tapping, dragging and highlighting multiple emails. I have cooked a few roms (2074and still have the same problems. I tried replacing the tmail.exe in the base apps with an older version (20273)I know to be working (this was suggested by someone in a past kitchen release) and has worked in the past for this problem but it still doesn't work......
Attached Files
File Type: txt my Vogue Sprint Selections.txt (3.0 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ptfdmedic; 09-18-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i have problem highlighting text....
Old 09-18-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i know the manila2d is still in beta and it's included in this kitchen, but I'm curious to know if others are having problems with it as well. I have only one email address added on, and that's hotmail from windows live. It seems when i go to mails, it would crash and would get a message saying "Tap here to launch TouchFLO" and when I tap it restarts. Sometimes I can get into it, but most of the time it would crash. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, when I go to programs, on the bottom left softkey, there's the softkey that says "All Programs", this doesn't take you to the programs folder. I'm wondering if it's worked for others? Hopefully this will be fixed soon enough.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

Sinsce I installed this new rom I don't have gps neither bluetooth. Actually if I go to bluetooth settings and select any tab it says i have no bluetooth hardware installed... Also on Telenav it says there is no gps device found.... Any help would be appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development