PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: [UPDATED 9/30/08] v1.6 WDM's M2D Diamond ROM w/ UC!!!

I am still kind of new to this so if this question sounds dumb, I'm sorry. I tried reading for the answer but I could not find it. I have another ROM on my phone right now, but in order to install this one, do I need to flash Sprint's default ROM then flash this ROM after? Or can I just flash this ROM on top of my old ROM?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

does anyone know how to change menu sizes over than start menu. Example when you go to the text messages and click on menu it is tiny. Anyway to make this bigger?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc

Seems like status light is enabled on most vogue roms, i thought it was recommended to be disabled since it saves power
Old 12-09-2008, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
I am still kind of new to this so if this question sounds dumb, I'm sorry. I tried reading for the answer but I could not find it. I have another ROM on my phone right now, but in order to install this one, do I need to flash Sprint's default ROM then flash this ROM after? Or can I just flash this ROM on top of my old ROM?
you have another custom rom, or are you running the sprint stock rom...

I'm assuming custom rom... if u upgraded previously to wm 6.1 wit gps and rev A, then you should be fine, but if your running basic wm 6 w/o gps and rev a you may have to....
Old 12-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post
you have another custom rom, or are you running the sprint stock rom...

I'm assuming custom rom... if u upgraded previously to wm 6.1 wit gps and rev A, then you should be fine, but if your running basic wm 6 w/o gps and rev a you may have to....
Don't forget to run your unlocker also before hand and it wouldn't hurt to read this :http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36924
Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

fdus is a n00b

"thank you" is just not enough for this amazing rom. it works perfectly on my touch. the only problem is when i tried to install several .cab files it kept giving the error msg " installation unsuccessful .... no sufficient system permissions" any idea how to unlocker to let it run? any suggestion will be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Soft reset and then as soon as it loads back up go directly and install your .cab files before anything else, this is a known issue with this ROM and as silly as it sounds it will work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

fdus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Soft reset and then as soon as it loads back up go directly and install your .cab files before anything else, this is a known issue with this ROM and as silly as it sounds it will work.
I'm afraid I'm more silly than this issue. I know it's a stupid question but can you explain to me as a 4 year kid how to do that? I mean how to install cab while it's still loading back up. The cab file is actually in the device storage and I have to open file explorer to find run it only after the system startup is completed. thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner

I was wondering in the verizon full rom are all the verizon apps in there ? and is there picturemail in it?? I have a friend that wants may sprint phone to use on the verizon network thats why I ask..thanks for any replies

Old 12-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdus View Post
I'm afraid I'm more silly than this issue. I know it's a stupid question but can you explain to me as a 4 year kid how to do that? I mean how to install cab while it's still loading back up. The cab file is actually in the device storage and I have to open file explorer to find run it only after the system startup is completed. thanks

What i mean is as soon as your phone finishes loading then you access the file explorer and run the .cab you would like to install...Let your phone load all the way then just go into the file explorer and do what you need..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development