PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Lurker

omarzebian is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Is 2.4 coming soon ?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarzebian View Post
Is 2.4 coming soon ?
It is taking a bit because of that fact that my computer is having some problems...
Iv been messing with the OS a little just to make it a little better for myself..
Some how the XP part of my system has some Virus or issue and its slow as hell.. Once I figure that out and get my Dual boot set up I will devote my attention to building the ROM further ..
Its hard when my computer doesnt work haha and I dont have a laptop or anything at the moment (Looking into getting one so I can have another comp to work on I just cant find a good deal)

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

wheelman is a n00b

Great Rom. My only issues are that my photos and videos always says "no photo available" even after i've taken some, and clicking on the "internet" globe to launch browser doesnt do anything. Any way to correct these things?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM 6.5 Vogue and Android Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

natefish is becoming a great contributor

Hey, Dette, any chance the next update will have a working version of Pandora? I know it's out for the Vogue now (see: http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile), but I don't think it works on custom ROM's. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

infiniti029 is a n00b

I updated my Vogue to this version and it bricked it. I can't do a hard reset. Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telus

mrarlyn is a n00b
Unhappy Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

Hi, I've been an eager fan off your roms now for a while but tried another (I shouldn't have) because of the dialer issues.

After flashing to the latest OMJ rom I lost the ability to connect to activesync. If I load AS all I get is the "To synchronize your device with a desktop computer, install the synchonization software from the Getting Started Disc included with your device on your PC" message. It's like the USB connection is ompletely disabled.

In XP if I plug it in all I get is power..neither the PC (tried on three xp boxes) nor the phone see that there's an active connection.

I went into the tri-colored boot loader page and it won't connect to USB in there for flashing

I had to fall back on flashing back to your 2.3 rom using the microSD card.
I also tried the new Telus rom and updated the radio from 3.40 to 3.42 (or something like that)

I've also hard re-set the phone, uninstalled and re-installed active sync and tried different PC's.

I'm at the end of my rope. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

nokry56 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to nokry56

Anyone else have a voicemail icon that won't go away even after checking voicemail?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarlyn View Post
Hi, I've been an eager fan off your roms now for a while but tried another (I shouldn't have) because of the dialer issues.

After flashing to the latest OMJ rom I lost the ability to connect to activesync. If I load AS all I get is the "To synchronize your device with a desktop computer, install the synchonization software from the Getting Started Disc included with your device on your PC" message. It's like the USB connection is ompletely disabled.

In XP if I plug it in all I get is power..neither the PC (tried on three xp boxes) nor the phone see that there's an active connection.

I went into the tri-colored boot loader page and it won't connect to USB in there for flashing

I had to fall back on flashing back to your 2.3 rom using the microSD card.
I also tried the new Telus rom and updated the radio from 3.40 to 3.42 (or something like that)

I've also hard re-set the phone, uninstalled and re-installed active sync and tried different PC's.

I'm at the end of my rope. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric
Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC > Uncheck "Advanced Networking" box

When you go into the bootloader, just load up the ROM like you are going to flash it and trust me, it WILL work, but Windows will not tell you.

So just load up in tri-color bootloader and connect via USB to PC then load up the ROM you want to flash; it will work regardless of Windows settings.

@Nokry56 - I had that problem with Dette's ROM and other ROMs on my old Vogue, but if you click it, then dismiss, it may go away. If it doesn't, try soft reset - it's only occasionally. You could even try calling your Voicemail again and hanging up; it may clear it or there is actually a button I thought that cleared notifications...

Slmclarengt
Old 12-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telus

mrarlyn is a n00b

Ok...well now I'm not sure what the problem is.

I tried flashing before directly from the bootloader, and I tried diabling the advanced connection and all..and got nowhere.

Then just now, with Dette's rom loaded again, I plugged it into my wall charger and it asked if I wanted to mount the sd card or use activesync...so I tried that cable on my PC and worked.

I'd tried three other cables, each tested good with an external hard drive..and none of them worked...but aparently this one cable has the right mojo to get them talking.

I really think I might be done with windows mobile after this phone...we'll see what's out in six to ten months.

PS: Thanks for suggstions Slmclarengt
Old 12-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Hey guys
Sorry I havent been paying much attention to my thread! I was having major computer issues .. Just one after another..
So I can (hopefully) get back to answering questions and building 2.4! I had to take a break do to the lack of a working Windows OS and for a little bit the lack of any OS at all!

Here is what I posted on SPJ
Quote:
Long story short...
Getting a virus on XP(ended up formatting)
XP and Vista disc's WOULD NOT install for me! (piece of **** Windows!)
I had to finally format with a Mac DVD and then I installed Mac (again...)
And then XP STILL wouldnt install on the other partition
Finally I got Vista to install.. (By this time im pissed off)
Then my Dual boot F***ed up and Mac wouldnt work anymore! So I had to re install mac..
Finally my Dual boot of Vista and Mac works!
Tomorrow I will answer all questions on this thread! Its 2:45AM right now and I feel like Im gonna die
Sooooo
I will check back tomorrow
Sorry to everyone who I couldnt answer questions and who has been waiting for 2.4
I know I said it would be out a long time ago but having computer issues really puts a damper on building ROM's especially since the Kitchen doesnt work on Mac(grrr)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development