PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

zaq123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE-11/03/2008 Dette 2D v2.3 Diamond Edition

I recently hard reset and now the number format in my history is 1234567890 instead of
(123) 456-7890. Anyway of fixing that?

Also can you recommend a good dialer that has redial, smart dialing, and is similar in look to this one? I would prefer it to be a cdma dialer. I am also having the dialer issues.
Otherwise I really like this rom.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch
Carrier: AT&T - Formerly Sprint
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to dette

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Dette's ROM is so awesome I'm even trying to help even though I'm actually USING a Touch Diamond without his ROM obviously, lol.

Keep kicking butt, Dette!

I really want to learn about this Bluetooth issue because it perplexes me why it would be a problem with his unless he modified some of the bluetooth settings...

Slmclarengt
I also want to know about the bluetooth
but thanks for the compliment
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
I recently hard reset and now the number format in my history is 1234567890 instead of
(123) 456-7890. Anyway of fixing that?

Also can you recommend a good dialer that has redial, smart dialing, and is similar in look to this one? I would prefer it to be a cdma dialer. I am also having the dialer issues.
Otherwise I really like this rom.
use this dialer
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403484

MY WEBSITE!
ProTek!

HTC Touch/Vogue
Radio: 3.42.30 - Vogue
HTC Touch ROM: Dette 2D v2.4 Diamond Edition Beta 1
IF SOMEONE HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON!
PM Me if you need help! I will give it to the best of my ability!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mtstmp is just getting started

just a request... you should think about putting the new version of google maps with street view in the new update... that would be kewl...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=457376
Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

occhris is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Dette's ROM is so awesome I'm even trying to help even though I'm actually USING a Touch Diamond without his ROM obviously, lol.

Keep kicking butt, Dette!

I really want to learn about this Bluetooth issue because it perplexes me why it would be a problem with his unless he modified some of the bluetooth settings...

Slmclarengt

Slmclarengt,

I didn't touch any of the bluetooth settings in any way. I just paired my car to my phone. That's all. I flashed to the latest Dette's ROM, and even did a hard reset a few times. Unfortunately the results were the same. The car's controls were pretty much useless.

1. Can't answer the calls through the car controls
2. Can't access the phone book through the car controls
3. An extreme delay or possible non function when I manually typed in a number to place directly from the car controls.
4. The bluetooth connection would sometimes disconnect while on a call (manually initiated from the phone directly)

I'd be more than happy to test out the new release 2.4 to see if the problem persists in that version if you like.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on repdette is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by occhris View Post
Slmclarengt,

I didn't touch any of the bluetooth settings in any way. I just paired my car to my phone. That's all. I flashed to the latest Dette's ROM, and even did a hard reset a few times. Unfortunately the results were the same. The car's controls were pretty much useless.

1. Can't answer the calls through the car controls
2. Can't access the phone book through the car controls
3. An extreme delay or possible non function when I manually typed in a number to place directly from the car controls.
4. The bluetooth connection would sometimes disconnect while on a call (manually initiated from the phone directly)

I'd be more than happy to test out the new release 2.4 to see if the problem persists in that version if you like.
actually that would be good
Old 12-11-2008, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

zaq123 is a n00b

I tried the dialer that you linked to.
Something very interesting happened after I installed it. When I click on the email icon on the side of the envelope under the email tab, Touchflo closes. I had to remove windows live and the email account.
Do you have your dialer in a cab? From which dialer is yours built on and is it cdma?
I want to see if there is some setting in the original dialer that is getting activated and is creating the problems that peple are having.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
I tried the dialer that you linked to.
Something very interesting happened after I installed it. When I click on the email icon on the side of the envelope under the email tab, Touchflo closes. I had to remove windows live and the email account.
Do you have your dialer in a cab? From which dialer is yours built on and is it cdma?
I want to see if there is some setting in the original dialer that is getting activated and is creating the problems that peple are having.
its not my dialer
its just the Opal Phonecanvas (google it.. )
its a GSM dialer
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

kranz68osu is just getting started

Does everybody else now have large contact photos when they view an email from them? Mine are like full screen size and really annoying.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc

Hey guys I been running this on my Touch lately. but how do i change that call screen, when i slide to answer it doesnt work it seems. and i keep sliding i have to press the talk button
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

I have the same issue with the sliding to answer.. seems like it's a recent problem.. been using this Rom since the 11/3 and other than this recent problem this has the been the best experience with this phone I've had... in fact my Diamond is arriving tomorrow and I'm a little worried that I'll be disapointed. With your rom this thing is fast and the battery life is about double that it is with the stock rom... Dette... any recommendations for custom roms for the diamond? Juicy is gonna be my first try most likely...

Oh yeah.. BTW thanks a ton for this rom Dette.. I was about ready to stomp and crush my vogue before this was installed
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development