PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

jacksplat is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED 7/20/08: WDM's 3.03 WM6.1 Beta #2 ALL CARRIERS SUPPORTED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
THey are talking about Sprints PPST.....each carrier comes with their own PPST.exe....
Okay, so I flashed the VZ beta #2, went into to explore my windows dir (after doing a show all files) and...no ppst.exe.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

One other thing. I noticed the VZW version still includes the sprint software/app store...and the sprint instant message client, which doesn't work for non-sprint customers. Oh, and super odd...opera menus are '<135176741>' instead of 'Quit'

Last edited by jacksplat; 07-20-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplat View Post
One other thing. I noticed the VZW version still includes the sprint software/app store...and the sprint instant message client, which doesn't work for non-sprint customers. Oh, and super odd...opera menus are '<135176741>' instead of 'Quit'
Software store is weird cause I don't even have an option to add or remove it....the Instant Messenger I heard worked on all carriers, and the opera menu is weird because on another ROM it didn't happen and now it does :-\

Also I think the ROM's don't contain the PPST.exe, but as long as your phone and data work, don't worry about it
Old 07-21-2008, 12:43 AM
N00b

jamez243 is a n00b

Trying it tonight
Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Software store is weird cause I don't even have an option to add or remove it....the Instant Messenger I heard worked on all carriers, and the opera menu is weird because on another ROM it didn't happen and now it does :-\

Also I think the ROM's don't contain the PPST.exe, but as long as your phone and data work, don't worry about it
I think I can handle having the store there! But for sure the IM won't work (at least on verizon). I get an 'account does not exist' error for my Live login (which I know works on the Live messenger app. I had the same problem with Dan's rom as well. Same error for my Yahoo id.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksplat View Post
I think I can handle having the store there! But for sure the IM won't work (at least on verizon). I get an 'account does not exist' error for my Live login (which I know works on the Live messenger app. I had the same problem with Dan's rom as well. Same error for my Yahoo id.
Alright, well I have no clue about the Sprint Software store but something is wrong with that and I'll look into it. OZ Messenger will be removed in the final ROM for all the Carriers. Opera 9.5 has been fixed and so has the cube
Old 07-21-2008, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: UPDATED 7/21/08 WDM's 3.03 WM6.1 FINAL FOR SPRINT; Beta #2 FOR ALL CARRIERS SUPPO

Sprint Final is up....beware it's untested as I can't get my phone to connect to my PC :-\
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cyburke is a n00b
Re: UPDATED 7/21/08 WDM's 3.03 WM6.1 FINAL FOR SPRINT; Beta #2 FOR ALL CARRIERS SUPPO

Quote:
Sprint Final is up....beware it's untested as I can't get my phone to connect to my PC :-\
should i be scared by this statement?!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyburke View Post
should i be scared by this statement?!
Nah, it should work perfect, maybe a little bug here and there at the most

EDIT: Nvm....something is wrong with the new Kitchen and I'm going to put this ROM on hold until the next Kitchen comes out for PPCGeeks

Last edited by Whosdaman; 07-21-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Beautiful rom. I love it. The only issue is that Opera is broke. There's no words.... just crazy looking numbers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development