PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: UPDATED!!! (7/14/08) WDM's 3.03 WM6.1 Custom ROM Beta #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamez243 View Post
I reviewed your initial rom, tho I'm using it for Alltel. I figured I'd start off by doing my likes, and dislikes.

-The HTC Touch Diamond Keyboard
(I also notice that when using this keyboard if I hit send on a text message and its still predicting my previous word after it's sent that I can still hit ok without the "Cancel, Save, Discard" message, which I like. Whereas the regular touch keyboard would prompt you everytime.)

-Overall Speed
(At first I thought the speed was sluggish, but after a soft reset, or two, it runs pretty well.

-The look
(Although, the original clock is not as impressive as the touch diamond, it's still professional looking and clean, as compared to the black vista one, which I didn't like)

-Roscoe File Explorer
(This one is a catch 22, I love the interface, the look and the finger scrolling as well as all the options, but see dislikes..)

-Organizer Soft Key
(I liked this feature, it looked nice and professional, and is actually useful. Would of liked a calander button in there though. [Maybe in place of contacts seeing as how there is a right soft key for that.])

-The Games
(Sorry but I am a sucker for some fun games when I'm bored, Pocket Sand is pretty neat.)

-Stability
(Never really had any hang ups or random power cycling.)

Dislikes:

-Sprint crap
(Seeing as how I have Alltel this may be a biased opinion, but I don't like the cube saying sprint tv instead of the standard videos. I did however appreciate the Cube Config Tool so I could try and remedy this situation.)

-TouchPal
(I'm sorry I just don't see how anyone uses this.)

-Roscoe File Explorer
(It's trial period is expired and renders me unable to delete files.)

-Contacts
(I didn't like the layouts of the contacts page too much. I prefer the original where it has the letters on the side, rather than on the top like it is here.)

-S2U2
(Slide to unlock was cool at first as seen on the iPhone, but the more I use my phone I find it more of an annoyance than anything.)

-GPS
(Maybe it's just my phone, but I can never get this to work on any rom, get 2 sats but no fixes.

My Request/Ideas:

-I think it would be nice to include QuickMenu, it makes the start menu have 2 options between the original file explorer type view, and drop down desktop type view.

-The overall signal quality is better than the black vista whereas I'm not ALWAYS roaming, but still it's roaming more than I would like, don't know what to do about that.

-The Opera Mobile is nice, much nicer than PIE, but Skyfire would be better (when available)

-Even tho I dont' like the touchpal and won't use it, I believe the trial for that is expired as well.

Final Thought:

For your first rom I'd say you did a very good job. These are only my opinons and probably doesn't represent what everyone else may think. I look forward to your next one.

Grade: B
(Figured I'd throw a grade just for the heck of it.)

Ok ok, let me clear up some things then

1. Sprint Crap - When I get to the final of this ROM I will make all carriers ROM's for each carrier, right now I'm doing it based on Sprint because I'm Sprint , sorry

2. TouchPal was a request to me, and from what I know lots of people use it....it only an option to use it though as I include the Diamond Keyboard as well, but TouchPal will have a new skin next time (Diamond based)

3. I'm removing it as I hate it as well....

4. That setting can be changed in the contacts so you can have the letters on the side, open Contacts hit the right softkey and go to options and in there you can change it around, but in 3.03 it's a known issue for ABCDE line on the side won't work correctly. I'm adding iContacts in the #2 so see how you like this, it's alot more user friendly

5. Go to Programs>S2U2>Settings and change you settings to how you like....I have it where it only comes on when I manually turn it off and where I can use the D-Pad.

6. GPS I have no idea what's up with yours, maybe it's your location cause I get locks indoors with 3-8 seconds, weird....I'll include the HTC GPS Tool so you can test it out

---------------

Request....

1. I"ll look into it and test it out

2. Me either

3. When Skyfire gets released you can bet it will be in here, also I added the updated version of Opera 9 into #2 so it's faster

4. TouchPal is staying, sorry, I like using it sometimes but maybe you'll like the name look of it if I can get 1 more file to complete it.

Last edited by Whosdaman; 07-16-2008 at 02:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

stickmandude is a n00b

Either way, great work Who.

Looking forward to the next release and keep up the good work
Old 07-16-2008, 02:30 PM
N00b

jamez243 is a n00b

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to mention, I didn't hate the file explorer, I actually rather liked it... but I think I was reading in previous post, is it s a program that cost money?

Also, I have never figured this out, but how does the MMS work with these custom roms, or does it at all?

I have never got arcsoft to successfully deliver any of my MMS messages.

Maybe the touch pal won't annoy me as much if it wasn't bright blue and then I might give it a chance :P

I'm chaning S2U2 now (thanks for the info on that), as well as my contacts, (thanks again).

I'm obviously not a professional reviewer but thought I'd give some input seeing as how everyone else seems kinda quiet.

I'll keep you posted if I find anymore bugs or anything and hurry up with the next one

Go Gators!

(Hard to peel myself off NCAA 2009 with Gators dynasty to even write this, lol)
Old 07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
N00b

stickmandude is a n00b

Sprint just doesn't have that feature, MMS for some reason.

Go to the PPC Software section, and DL SMMS.

You're going to have to type out the full phone number to send pics, but, it works
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:32 PM
N00b

jamez243 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandude View Post
Sprint just doesn't have that feature, MMS for some reason.

Go to the PPC Software section, and DL SMMS.

You're going to have to type out the full phone number to send pics, but, it works
So you're saying, even tho I have Alltel, since it's based off a leaked Sprint rom, it disables my MMS again?

(searching SMMS now)

When is somone going to leak a WM6.1 Alltel Official Rom?

lol
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamez243 View Post
So you're saying, even tho I have Alltel, since it's based off a leaked Sprint rom, it disables my MMS again?

(searching SMMS now)

When is somone going to leak a WM6.1 Alltel Official Rom?

lol
lol yea I think that's why is because Alltel isn't doing **** right now

But I'm working as hard as I can to get Beta #2 up but I'm getting stuck on one last error...I cooked Beta #2 and something was messed up so I went to make it again and an error pops up, thanks for being so patient guys!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:29 AM
N00b

jamez243 is a n00b

Did you get a chance to look at QuickMenu?
I really don't think I could use any rom without it.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:33 AM
N00b

stickmandude is a n00b

You could always install it yourself..
Old 07-17-2008, 02:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

You all need to leave the poor guy alone. He's working really hard on this for all of you and all you can think of is to b1tch and complain about what is or isn't in the ROM...

Make suggestions, don't get mad if he turns them down.

Accept what he is doing for free for you and stop complaining.

And he will release the carrier versions once he finalizes his Sprint version.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharvey4651 View Post
You all need to leave the poor guy alone. He's working really hard on this for all of you and all you can think of is to b1tch and complain about what is or isn't in the ROM...

Make suggestions, don't get mad if he turns them down.

Accept what he is doing for free for you and stop complaining.

And he will release the carrier versions once he finalizes his Sprint version.
Thank you Dan, I don't have anytime in the day to work on my ROM, only at night and it's getting hard to work on this. But things should be getting better guys, I'm going back to 19588 cause 20226 is a huge flaw altogether. Me and dan have determined this and now the ROM's should be coming a lot better and faster.

The finals are on their way guys, and this ROM looks AWESOME if I can get it to work correctly...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development