PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: t-mobile

ikarma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
anybody know which is the best gps app software to use with the touch? tomtom7, igo8, Destinator, Garmin, or Route 66????????????????? im looking for something that gives me voice guidance. i tried Igo it looks like a really nice app to use but it didnt work...google navigator is really buggy it closed on me everytime i had a lock...my touch was acting up earlier with the internet but it went away. it looks like it needs some time.
IGO8 Hands down.

Very finger friendly, supports landscapes, pulls addresses from your contacts and it runs fast as hell. 3D looks great too.
Must prime GPS for it to work. I use gpsviewer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderz6900 View Post
so does PIM Backup work for restoring your contacts, text messages, etc?

I don't mind reinstalling all my software, but I don't want to put all my contacts back in.

Thanks

per www.freewareppc.com:

Features:
- Backup/restore appointments.
- Backup/restore call logs.
- Backup/restore contacts.
- Backup/restore messages (SMS, Mails, ...) NEW !!!.
- Backup/restore speed dials.
- Backup/restore tasks.
- Backup/restore custom files.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

sanderz6900 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post

per www.freewareppc.com:

Features:
- Backup/restore appointments.
- Backup/restore call logs.
- Backup/restore contacts.
- Backup/restore messages (SMS, Mails, ...) NEW !!!.
- Backup/restore speed dials.
- Backup/restore tasks.
- Backup/restore custom files.

hahaha no i mean, after a ROM update....i know what it does....
Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatal View Post
I've been experiencing a strange behavior since upgrading to this ROM. My Touch will spontainiously pop out of standby and light up. It can just be sitting idle on my desk and it will light up after being in standby (idle) for a period of time. No calls coming in or texts. Anyone else experience this?

This has been a problem for me since WM6 on the Touch. I read that other HTC devices do the same. In areas where there is bad coverage, my phone's screen will light up as it seemingly bounces between EVDO and 1xRTT, or trying to acquire a cell site. I've searched for a solution but no joy.

Presuming your issue is not being triggered by an incoming message/event, or another application, I'll bet that your screen NOT light up randomly if you put it in a place where there is good coverage.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
hahaha no i mean, after a ROM update....i know what it does....

It should work just fine after the update. Hence.. Backup/Restore. I would confirm but i still havent updated.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

DssTrainer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
so does PIM Backup work for restoring your contacts, text messages, etc?

I don't mind reinstalling all my software, but I don't want to put all my contacts back in.

Thanks
yes it works fine
Old 06-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

For folks with battery issues, strange phone starting up issues, etc.

Here's a few things to check for. If you're not using exchange push, activesync still starts up. Make a bogus server entry, set the schedule to manual, then delete it. Also set MS push to off.

also, the IM application autostarts by default if you run it. This will keep your data connection active. Make a shortcut to the REAL taskmanager and see what processes are running.

Also, the Ondemand app thing, if you run it once, it will autoset itself to pull updates every 4 hours, again, eating up battery with unattended data transfers. Same with the Live stuff. It will autostart and do 'push' type email with your hotmail if you let it.

Check these and see if your situation improves.

Oh yeah, and GPS priming type apps. Make sure when you exit them, they really exit. using stock battery, the GPS chipset running is really thirsty!

For the folks that don't know, remember, when you press the power button, it doesn't REALLY turn off the phone. Lots of stuff still runs in the background.

Last edited by Compusmurf; 06-27-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

One more thing I noticed.

I used the sprite restore rom upgrade piece. My prev. rom was the pre-release 6.1 so I figured I'd be ok... I had many issues with restoring of apps and registry stuff. I eventually hard reset and installed all my apps and reg tweaks by hand and the issues went away.

I had figured since the rom release and pre-release were "close" I shouldn't have issues, but I did....

I'm only having 1 slight remaining issue.

Push email from exchange doesn't seem to be sync'ing properly like it was previously.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Push email from exchange doesn't seem to be sync'ing properly like it was previously.
I haven't had a single email pushed to my phone since the update. Strange, since my contacts, calendar, etc synced fine. Haven't really looked into it yet. Let us know if you find anything.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I haven't had a single email pushed to my phone since the update. Strange, since my contacts, calendar, etc synced fine. Haven't really looked into it yet. Let us know if you find anything.
I opened a separate thread on this. I get them.

When I delete them now, it won't sync back until I manually send/receive from inside the inbox. Thats not good.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development