PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

mlh123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

I have a verizon xv6900 and have read all 56 pages. It seems like I would be able to run the exe and then not allow the customizations and all will be great.

Well I have tried it twice and all I can get is

ERROR (294) : INVALID VENDER ID

This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDA Phone. Please check your Update Utility.

VXa3-VPIX5567-SQEVc568-VPIX55670

Anyone know what I should do??
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vouge

Griswalds is just getting started

I haven't seen this question asked so here goes, maybe it's just me, well, me and a friend...

Our touch's don't automatically have the "location" enabled even though in the settings it is clearly marked "on". I have to turn it off and then close everything then open the settings back on and turn it on then it will show the icon while in dialer mode that it is on.

Anyone else having this problem? I have done a hard reset and yes other things were fixed but this is the ONLY problem I am having since the new install.

Please help....

THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)

wanslenowski is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswalds View Post
I haven't seen this question asked so here goes, maybe it's just me, well, me and a friend...

Our touch's don't automatically have the "location" enabled even though in the settings it is clearly marked "on". I have to turn it off and then close everything then open the settings back on and turn it on then it will show the icon while in dialer mode that it is on.

Anyone else having this problem? I have done a hard reset and yes other things were fixed but this is the ONLY problem I am having since the new install.

Please help....

THANKS
BINGO! That fixed it for me, thanks! I didn't know that was a GPS signal
on the phone dialer.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Does anyone know how to get the audio tab back in HTC home the customizer will not work. Also does anyone know how to change the font in the touch keyboard that pops up to suggest words it used to be smaller?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

First off all, thanks. I've been waiting for this update for a long time and it's pretty amazing I got it here and not from Sprint or HTC. Guess they think you guys are the best beta site. Props to all. It went pretty smoothly, patience is a virtue. GPS works great, not quite sure yet about rev a, freezes, bluetooth, storage card, etc. Seems like some locations changed, like call log, text files, etc.

I didn't have the patience to read over 50 pages of threads, so I guess I really am to blame for setting everything up then reading and realizing that there's no better time for a hard reset than after you burn a rom. It definitely can't hurt at that point and it seems like it could definitely help. It does make me ask though, can someone suggest the best procedure for backing up prior to a hard reset. Seems like there's a lot of info about not restoring using various utilities after a new rom, so basically I would like a list of locations for stuff that gets wiped out with rom burns or hard resets. I use outlook and activesync, so contacts are not a problem (although I do copy my pim file as a precaution). I do find activesync sometimes deletes the folder on my PC where I sync my files, very annoying. Any insight into this would also help.

My main concerns are

Email account setup info
call logs
text messages
Voicetag file(s)
cube configuration files
settings (I know this one is probably not a single file)
anything else you would definitely backup and restore after reset.

Thanx again, you guys really know your stuff!! So far I'm loving my touch again and glad I didn't rush and trade it in for an Instinct. It looks like that one is really a closed system with limitations, but sometimes simple is better.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Nobi125 is just getting started

Edit...nvm.

Last edited by Nobi125; 06-26-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Sprint)

krazichinaman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
I have Srpint Touch with orignal rom never upgraded before. Downloaded new rom. Have active sync intalled on computer. Plug usb cable in to computer and phone and get sync to start. Click on rom exe follow set up steps. When it goes on pc screen updating rom, my active sync stops and shuts down. Any help with this appreciated.

Thanks
Mine did the same thing. I just waited it out and i think about 3 minutes or so later you will see the grey screen pop up and the bar will start moving. G/L
Old 06-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Have people been turning on and using things that seemed to cause problems or would you still not use
1) today screen timeout
2) time synchronization
3) attachments on storage card
4) bluetooth
5) other known workarounds?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

I need one fix....how to turn on and off GPS?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VOGUE

BOBBY is a n00b

Anyone having issues receiving and sending texts? I can't send anything out. It shows the message, but the parties are not receiving them. I am not getting mine either.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development