PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Re: Vetvito's Sexier Windows Mobile 6.1.1

just a heads up DO NOT INSTALL htchome-2.1-hermes-n2a.cab.zip
on this rom with touch freezes the touch have to manually restore to munufacturere settingS!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

this one works just fine
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Home.zip (1.37 MB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero & EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

stylz3 is keeping up the good workstylz3 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
this one works just fine
does this version allow for custom weather by editing the .xml file? I need to get my home city.

"My next move be my best move"
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
When will then be now?

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

not entirely sure. i always use use htc home customizer to make my city and it always works with that.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plemen View Post
Hey all - the last vetvito rom I tried was blackpill - can someone tell me, from actual usage perspective, what the v3 adds? Does the diamond stuff add to the user experience? Speed things up, new features, etc?

Thanks.
Diamond = Updated apps and drivers, nothing to die for, but now I wouldn't like the phone without the volume control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjt3 View Post
Sorry for the noob question. I'm using a bell vogue, can I let customization run using this rom?
Yes, thats UC. Its looking for your SDconfig.txt on your storage card. It does nothing if you don't have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
can Someone poSt just the nbh file? i only have a mac right now so i can't run the packed exe
thanks
extract it from the .exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post
Damn Vet. It's hard keeping up with you. It was just yesterday you uped ver.3 now I see 3.1. oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to get the flashing.
No real need unless you just want the latest.

Quote:
I let the customizations app run - I don't think there are any apps that are installed that way. I'm running this on a bell touch. The only thing you have to do after the ROM update is to run "dcd Titan Carrier - Bell.cab" to set up the Bell data connections etc.

Vetvito - love the rom! Really nice and quick and not loaded with cr*p I'll never use. I found a possible (very minor) glitch though: when I'm in an app the "X" close button overlays the "=" icon in the top right hand side.
Taskmanager Glitch, shouldn't happen much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
I guess I'm lost here, but how do you run customizations on this anyhow? I have Sprint, and with every other ROM I've tried it's always had the sprint settings there, how do I obtain them with this rom?

Also, noticed the ## codes don't work (not sure if this ties into that), or how I can even access it.
My roms use UC, it looks for a SDconfig.txt on your storage card. Only way to get your sprint settings to run would be to get the contents of your extended rom and put them on your storage card along with the sdconfig.txt.

##codes are not in Sprint format. Remove the etra # at the end and replace with send, ex. ##778send

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
Vetvito,

I'm having a hard time downloading your most recent ROM v3.2 could you start posting your ROM at ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ It seems like every time I go to download it I get an over the limit error message.... Please help.
I have a account with rapidshare, and it takes only 10 minutes at most to upload a rom.

Quote:
another thing i noticed is that my opera mini wont install with this new java that is on there. also i have the sprint cab for the person who wanted it earlier
I knew Jblend sucked, just wanted a report from someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
I love your custome roms so much bro i could flash 20 times if you wanted me to or even beta test for you vetvito all you have to do is ask bro and i will assist!
Dont know, I just may start a beta team.

Quote:
Replying to my own post - the "X" overaly over the "=" in the top right corner seems to have resolved itself... I installed HTC Home and reset the device and haven't noticed it since (maybe the reset?).

Also, here are the Bell customizations for any Bell users wanting to try this.
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunb007 View Post
sorry if this is off topic, but i was just wondering if there was a cab for the Diamond system volume hack. i'd rather not flash my phone since i have everything setup but i would really like the volume controls to be more finger friendly. thanks
Don't know, I'm no good at making cabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerjunkie View Post
I'm wondering if someone else is experiencing this:

Both of the ROMs (this one and JD's) that are Diamondized are slow to open programs. I have loaded NOTHING except what comes with the ROMs and yes these ROMs are fast to boot but to open and close other apps (text, contacts, etc.) is noticibly slower than the other ROM I had (OMJ's current).

I love the look and feel of this ROM so if anyone is able to shed some light on this for me I would appreciate it.
Didnt know anyone else was on 19588. You can up the page pool if you want, mine is at the default 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersailor View Post
I am a little confused. There are two ROMs and they both work on my Touch.

So the question is. What is the difference between the Blackpill and Schwartz version?

Thanks
Schwartz is updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post
actually I have experienced this as wells as a slow phone call. everytime I bring up the dialpad, it takes forever to get to my recent calls and even long to place a phone call from there. This is the one and only thing that's becoming a pain because my wife says i take too long to call here back, lol.
Up your pagepool, but honestly I chalk it up as Placebo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunb007 View Post
i don't have this issue with jd's latest hybrid rom. pulling up call history is nearly instantaneous. i also like how you can see call history from the dialer itself.
if you can see the call history from your dialer then you are missing "phcan" or the skin is turned off. Nothing special as it doesn't really use resources.

Quote:
Vet, on your rom, under buttons, there's a second option in addition to the normally configurable camera button. What is this button referring to? The icon looks like the same icon you get when you pull up the comm manager on your rom.
Thats my commanager; just a glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
it might help if he ups the page pool size im runing a rom with a 22mb page pool and my phone flies. i have been thinking of trying this rom because i love the look of it, but it sounds like it needs some more tweaking.
Nothing else really to be done to it.

Quote:
the only problem im having is that i cant open up the full QWERTY keyboard, it just opens whatever keyboard im using again. other than that the phone is working great. that said, the new keyboard was my main one when im in the car and such so its quite an inconvenience :-\
I missed it up a long time ago, thats why it says install a cab on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
I just flashed this again, and on the first boot I get notifications that several things can't be run (repplog.exe, taskmanager.exe) and a few others. They appear several times too.. Any idea what the cause is, or how to fix it?
I'm surprised everyone isn't reporting this. Nothing major, just disable errror reporting. I think its because the system is looking for the USB to PC app when the phone is plugged up to the PC during the boot process.

I've never seen errors until 19588

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
is anybody else having the problem of removing the softkeys? usually i do it thru wisbar but for some reason, it stays stuck like its frozen, i soft reset same thing happens, how can i get the soft keys off my device?
try DCI nobar

Quote:
Vetvito, any way you can make a cab of your finger-friendlier volume adjustment tweak?

Further request: is there a cab of nuefont, or would you post the OEM at least?
I don't know how to make cabs. I can post nuefont OEM, check later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhector View Post
I have d/l and installed ver 3.2.1 and have noticed a couple problems, hoping someone can help. First is the Full Qwerty keyboard will not load up. Also noticed in the System Status > Volume the graphics are way too big. Looks like it's showing about half the screen.
Posted these on the first post. I screwed up the keyboard, and the volume screen is for VGA but it works perfectly. I changed the fonts from 48, and the only thing that that needs working on is the .png.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
is it normal that when you in stall htc home v2.1 when you want to change your ringtone thats assigned it goes to your network settings or is htis an incompatibility issue with this rom?
haven't tried htc home on this rom.

Last edited by vetvito; 06-02-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

thanks for all the replies! looking forward to the nuefont oem, do you have an oem for the volume hack? i'd use that as well if you don't mind.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

thanks for the reply, vetvito. if no cab, is it possible to get the files and some installation instructions for the volume hack?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:10 PM
When will then be now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
Diamond = Updated apps and drivers, nothing to die for, but now I wouldn't like the phone without the volume control.

Yes, thats UC. Its looking for your SDconfig.txt on your storage card. It does nothing if you don't have one.

extract it from the .exe

No real need unless you just want the latest.

Taskmanager Glitch, shouldn't happen much.

My roms use UC, it looks for a SDconfig.txt on your storage card. Only way to get your sprint settings to run would be to get the contents of your extended rom and put them on your storage card along with the sdconfig.txt.

##codes are not in Sprint format. Remove the etra # at the end and replace with send, ex. ##778send

I have a account with rapidshare, and it takes only 10 minutes at most to upload a rom.

I knew Jblend sucked, just wanted a report from someone.

Dont know, I just may start a beta team.

Thanks for the info.

Don't know, I'm no good at making cabs.

Didnt know anyone else was on 19588. You can up the page pool if you want, mine is at the default 12.

Schwartz is updated.

Up your pagepool, but honestly I chalk it up as Placebo.

if you can see the call history from your dialer then you are missing "phcan" or the skin is turned off. Nothing special as it doesn't really use resources.

Thats my commanager; just a glitch.

Nothing else really to be done to it.

I missed it up a long time ago, thats why it says install a cab on the first page.

I'm surprised everyone isn't reporting this. Nothing major, just disable errror reporting. I think its because the system is looking for the USB to PC app when the phone is plugged up to the PC during the boot process.

I've never seen errors until 19588

try DCI nobar

I don't know how to make cabs. I can post nuefont OEM, check later.

Posted these on the first post. I screwed up the keyboard, and the volume screen is for VGA but it works perfectly. I changed the fonts from 48, and the only thing that that needs working on is the .png.

haven't tried htc home on this rom.
thats easily the biggest reply ive ever seen lol. ^_^ thanx man
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

attached, No2Chems nuefont OEM, and my diamond volume package. I only edited the fonts in the mui file from the diamond package.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetvito View Post
attached, No2Chems nuefont OEM, and my diamond volume package. I only edited the fonts in the mui file from the diamond package.
thanks for the speedy reply... can you please tell me how to install this? do i put the files in the windows folder and run the exe? why are there two folders?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development