PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JD's Roms

I never used usbtopc before till last nite. I love it! Anyone know where I can grab the cab? I want it in all my roms.

With your last beta I was having sdcard issues. I could read the card put data on but not move it or delete it. XP and Linux would see the card but could not mount it. It was a 4gig card formated to fat32 and 1KB blocks (vista alllowed this format). I wrote it off as the standard Touch card issues. Well Usbtopc made it so that xp mounted it. I reformated to fat32 16kb now xp is happy with the card. Glad it's fixed.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
I never used usbtopc before till last nite. I love it! Anyone know where I can grab the cab? I want it in all my roms.

With your last beta I was having sdcard issues. I could read the card put data on but not move it or delete it. XP and Linux would see the card but could not mount it. It was a 4gig card formated to fat32 and 1KB blocks (vista alllowed this format). I wrote it off as the standard Touch card issues. Well Usbtopc made it so that xp mounted it. I reformated to fat32 16kb now xp is happy with the card. Glad it's fixed.
usbtopc is something that I'm building standard in my roms ... as far as sd issues go I have not had any .... but if your a person that does alot of flashing leaving your card in while you flash can -sometimes- cause corruption
Old 07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kenlewisesq is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: JD's Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
well the thing is i put out a rom like every week because i like to keep them updated i'm gonna keep this one for a few to get it right before i release it use the test build and report bugs to me it will help me get it done quicker
JD,

I want to commend you for the way you are going about creating this next build - you are doing what I wish all of the builders would do by trying to create the fastest, most stable, streamlined platform possible then letting others add whatever they want to it. Cudos to you!

I am running your 7-10 rom and it is very solid so far - the problems I am experiencing are all related to specific applications misbehaving (e.g. a battery drain problem with some UI Shells such as Mobile Shell or PointUI).

Keep up the great work!

-K
Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Well I thank you all that have used my roms this next release will be my last for the Vogue ..... I going back to the Titan .... I like having a hardware keyboard .... See Yall Later............
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 PM
a2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint and the occasional headaches

a2k is keeping up the good worka2k is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: JD's Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Well I thank you all that have used my roms this next release will be my last for the Vogue ..... I going back to the Titan .... I like having a hardware keyboard .... See Yall Later............
Damn it JD, say it isn't so!!!!!

Although I totally understand. Thank you for all you've done for this community! Will you please consider making your last a kitchen. AND MOST IMPORTANT... Will we see you again once the Diamond is released?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:19 AM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
Damn it JD, say it isn't so!!!!!

Although I totally understand. Thank you for all you've done for this community! Will you please consider making your last a kitchen. AND MOST IMPORTANT... Will we see you again once the Diamond is released?
yep.....
Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Dang, how am I going to get my flashing fix? Guess I'll start hitting craigslist for a Titan.
Actually I don't need a Titan, I only text a few times a week and don't have to type much on my phone. Unless I get a texting monster for a girlfriend.

I'm hoping your last Rom will hold me over till the Touchpro comes out. I can't imagine Sprint/HTC releasing much more for the Vogue and I really doubt someone will figure out the video drivers so your last one may work till then. Maybe I'll see your roms on the Touchpro.

Good Luck at showing those Titan users what a fast rom really is.
Thanks for the hard work and the lean and mean roms.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

JD, Good luck with the Titan ROMS, and thanks for all the amazing Vogue ROMS! I think the Titan needs your help more then the Vogue any way.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 07-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

Wow. I can't believe I won't have a new JD rom every week lol. Enjoy the Titan side of things, and thanks for everything you've done for the Vogue community!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/Jakdi....1/7-25-08.rar rom updated
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development