PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

oranges311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WTH tech help please

so how are they doing it with you? are you on a waiting list for a replacement or are you just hoping to get one when they come in? cause i just ended up having the guy give me another pro because my one was practically unusable. im hoping it will at least last long enough for a tp2 to come in stock although if this touch pro lasts ill be happy too since i love the phones, i just seem to have exceptionally bad luck.....
Old 11-04-2009, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: WTH tech help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
so how are they doing it with you? are you on a waiting list for a replacement or are you just hoping to get one when they come in? cause i just ended up having the guy give me another pro because my one was practically unusable. im hoping it will at least last long enough for a tp2 to come in stock although if this touch pro lasts ill be happy too since i love the phones, i just seem to have exceptionally bad luck.....

Well, the supervisor told me he would update me every few days (which he has) on the status of the thing. He didn't mention anything about a waiting list, but it only makes sense that there is one; probably with new customers who wish to purchase a TP2 at the top, followed by existing customers who want to buy one, and probably those of us who are getting free replacements for buggy TP1s somewhere near the bottom. This is pure conjecture, but it seems logical and reasonable to assume this. After that, I'm sure they have something like a triage, sending out TP2s on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I guess I'm lucky that I can afford to wait, since the main issue with this TP1 (which is a replacement itself and one of 5 that were bad) is only that the hardware "send" button doesn't work. As for yours being a rare case, my understanding is that the TP1 has been a quagmire for providers; although, I'm sure it hasn't effected everyone.

The replacements, postage, and tech service itself has cost Verizon around $1000 so far in my case and the original phone only cost me $200 with contract. I can't imagine this being a painless chapter in Verizon's life and hopefully it will improve their testing and quality control, as they learn that to save a few bucks it really pays to go the extra mile here, too.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well i dont think ill have to wait much longer before i need to go back in the repair shop anyway. my keyboard is already typing like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. which sucks hard. did it in the car on the way home from the repair store of all things. maybe ill call them and see if i can get on the list and just use the virtual keyboard until its in. i kinda feel bad though because i do like the touch pro and dont want to seem like im just trying to scam a new tp2 out of them.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
well i dont think ill have to wait much longer before i need to go back in the repair shop anyway. my keyboard is already typing like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. which sucks hard. did it in the car on the way home from the repair store of all things. maybe ill call them and see if i can get on the list and just use the virtual keyboard until its in. i kinda feel bad though because i do like the touch pro and dont want to seem like im just trying to scam a new tp2 out of them.

I know how you feel, but you're not. You bought a phone with the reasonable expectation that it would function as advertised. I would have been fine with a *new* TP1 in lieu of another refurb, but I know in my case vzw realized they needed to cut their losses and get off the TP1 train. In fact, the same tech told me as much when he said their TP1s have been extremely problematic for them. So no worries - I think your provider wants to stop the bleeding just as much as mine does.

Btw., that sucks about your keyboard. Thankfully, that hasn't afflicted mine (yet), but I did have a horrible time with the keyboard on my Samsung SCH-i760. I fact, I think I did a little dance when that one finally died.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea no kidding. i think im gonna feel out this one for a few days to see how it is and if it is clearly showing signs of fritzing out i might ask to go on the wait list. although if i want to be honest with myself it IS fritzing out i just dont want to admit it haha

on a side note i need some help and since this is my thread i can ask questions even if theyve already been answered haha. ive been using calkulins rom and love it BUT i hate that notifications bar that pops down i like the htc notification enhancement much better but so far havent been able to get one working. can anyone provide help preferably in cab form?

and also i wish to get the htc volume control back and not that ugly windows lookin volume changer. anyone got that also that will work on my rom? ive tried doing the disable htc phone skin like they said but all that does is make the ugly one bigger....
Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

My 1st TP died at the startup screen. I was working and stopped by one of the Sprint stores and a few minutes later walked out the door with the 2nd one. The 2nd has operated without a hitch. It went to the wife and I up'd to the TP2. The TP2 has been trouble free except for a slight getting use to curve.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
My 1st TP died at the startup screen. I was working and stopped by one of the Sprint stores and a few minutes later walked out the door with the 2nd one. The 2nd has operated without a hitch. It went to the wife and I up'd to the TP2. The TP2 has been trouble free except for a slight getting use to curve.
so far thats what i hear. i havent heard any of the negative issues transfering to the tp2. im kinda getting jealous
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
so far thats what i hear. i havent heard any of the negative issues transfering to the tp2. im kinda getting jealous

Same here! I really hope my TP2 is trouble-free and I'm jealous of those fortunate enough to have functional TP1s. Such is life, I guess.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

people are always surprised at how often my tech toys need replaced because im always getting new things and are usually slightly more proficient at them but some people just dont have good luck with them haha i was petrified when i bought my hd tv!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro