PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

oranges311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTH tech help please

so ive been a touch pro user since may 09 and i love the phone i think its freakin sweet. however ive had to replace it 3 times already due to the keyboard. now after getting my latest replacement less than a month ago and FINALLY finding a rom i love (calkulins) and getting all the apps and a sweet panoramic bkgrnd my phones started tweakin out in a new way. my phone rapidly blinks back and forth between landscape and portrait mode, has long and annoying screen black outs when exiting texts and my battery life has gone waaay downhill. i can make due with the last one, the messaging one im working on but im clueless as to the first issue. what should i do? id hate to have to buy a different phone cause i love the tf3d and the pro but i cant keep getting replacements every other month
Old 10-31-2009, 12:33 AM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP
Re: WTH tech help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
so ive been a touch pro user since may 09 and i love the phone i think its freakin sweet. however ive had to replace it 3 times already due to the keyboard. now after getting my latest replacement less than a month ago and FINALLY finding a rom i love (calkulins) and getting all the apps and a sweet panoramic bkgrnd my phones started tweakin out in a new way. my phone rapidly blinks back and forth between landscape and portrait mode, has long and annoying screen black outs when exiting texts and my battery life has gone waaay downhill. i can make due with the last one, the messaging one im working on but im clueless as to the first issue. what should i do? id hate to have to buy a different phone cause i love the tf3d and the pro but i cant keep getting replacements every other month

Well of course, the quick fix is flashing back to stock and flashing again. I've been on Calkulins kitchen since I unlocked my phone, and I've never had a glitch ever. But I hear about weird glitches all the time. Usually going back to stock helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

Keep in mind that the random landscape/portrait switching can also be caused by the same cable issues that plague the keyboard.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuit1983 View Post
Well of course, the quick fix is flashing back to stock and flashing again. I've been on Calkulins kitchen since I unlocked my phone, and I've never had a glitch ever. But I hear about weird glitches all the time. Usually going back to stock helps.
ill give it a try i guess it cant hurt.

i hope its not another keyboard like issue cause thats what all my other replacements were for and i doubt theyre gonna upgrade me to a tp2 and thatd be the only other phone i would want

anyone know if i can run calkulins rom without the text messaging interface thing? that tf3d thing that lets you get all the contacts info from the text screen? i hate it its so slow but i have no experience cooking
Old 10-31-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

I had the same issue with the screen flipping out on the stock rom. I took it in and got it replaced. The only problem I had was that I had to wait until it was in the middle of one of it's spaz fits. The repair center is big on "duplicating the problem". Be careful though with the hard reset though. When I did it the screen was flipping and it was very hard to do the initial setup. I would recommend doing it on the way to the repair center so you don't have to deal with it as long.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:10 PM
High Speed Lurking

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP

Quote:
ill give it a try i guess it cant hurt.

i hope its not another keyboard like issue cause thats what all my other replacements were for and i doubt theyre gonna upgrade me to a tp2 and thatd be the only other phone i would want

anyone know if i can run calkulins rom without the text messaging interface thing? that tf3d thing that lets you get all the contacts info from the text screen? i hate it its so slow but i have no experience cooking

Your saying you want this...

Instead of this...

Right?

If so, just open this zip file and add the manila file included to your windows directory. I can cab it if you need me to.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 47dd6acd_manila.zip (12.0 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

damn thanks again dude. do you mind cabbing it? ill definetly use that on my replacement phone because unfortunately ive flashed back to stock and the issue remains. and now im gonna have to wait till monday to go to the repair center. i tried chatting to sprint and hinting that i should get a free upgrade since this is my 4th phone but they claimed that they couldnt help me. this sucks i love the touch pro!!!! but hate my luck lol
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 PM
High Speed Lurking

No problem, I'll cab it up. I'll probably have it up sometime tomorrow, since its halloween and I'm out partying.
Sucks they won't upgrade you. Maybe your luck will change and they'll just get one out to you.

*Here's the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Original Text Messaging.cab (73.9 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Triscuit; 11-01-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuit1983 View Post
No problem, I'll cab it up. I'll probably have it up sometime tomorrow, since its halloween and I'm out partying.
Sucks they won't upgrade you. Maybe your luck will change and they'll just get one out to you.
i just realized ur triscuit from the panoramics page. u made my xmen cab lol seems like ive been thankin you a lot

also i talked to my repair store and he was willing to swap out my touch pro for a free upgrade but the touch pro 2 was like 4 weeks back ordered and my only other choices were blackberries and all blackberries can die for all i care haha so i got another touch pro for now
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Cool Re: WTH tech help please

Quote:
i just realized ur triscuit from the panoramics page. u made my xmen cab lol seems like ive been thankin you a lot

also i talked to my repair store and he was willing to swap out my touch pro for a free upgrade but the touch pro 2 was like 4 weeks back ordered and my only other choices were blackberries and all blackberries can die for all i care haha so i got another touch pro for now
They've been out of stock with Verizon for weeks, too. I'm waiting on a TP2 replacement for my bad TP1, but given there are no other phones that are truly similar from vzw, I'm forced to wait until they can ship me one. Glad to see the hold might be HTC's fault and not my provider's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro