PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hi, my wife could get me a new Touch-P 2 from Verizon for Xmas - worth it though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Touch HD2 or the Dragon considering which OS is your flavor. HD2 ofcourse is win mo with 2.5 manila and the Dragon is the same phone except running Android. I'm probably gunna go win mo and hope that i'll eventually be able to dual boot win mo and android on it considering the hd2 and dragon are the same phone just with two different OS's
My friend was an early adopter of the original G1 with Android from Tmobile; and he was telling me "someday you'll be able to run both OS's on your HTC phone!"

Does anyone know if this is possible?? That would be AWESOME...

Fingers crossed for Q1 relase date for HD2!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Re: Hi, my wife could get me a new Touch-P 2 from Verizon for Xmas - worth it though?

Alright gents,

Looks like I'll be passing up the holiday urge to find myself a new WinMo phone - and in stead opting for a Netbook.

Gears = SWITCHED (lol)

Now... I would LOVE to have some good feedback on a Newbook to look out for/purchase perhaps Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

I quite simply want something as fast as I can get with XP/Win7 and AT LEAST 2gb RAM... let the suggestions and watch-lists pour out!

PS: I already saw that leaked Office Max Black Friday ad, before their lawyers has it pulled from the website; and they are having an Acer up for $149 at 6am the day after Thanksgiving Any good???
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

robertg2004 is a n00b

The touch pro 2 is alright its not worth having a 2 year agreement I know by having the contract it makes it cheaper but waiting 2 years with a phone that has the same processor isnt worth it and believe me I want the tp2 its just the new android phones are comming out and windows 6.5 phones are comming out soon so If you can be patient which i know is hard new better phones are on its way like the tmobile snapdragon phone with a 1 gigahertz processor now thats a phone thats going to be hot or the Htc hd 2. Good luck on your phone hunt. check ebay for phones but make sure you buy from a trusted seller hope this helps

Last edited by robertg2004; 10-27-2009 at 12:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Can you link me to this... I think this is one I haven't heard rumblings or rumors about yet.

Thanks!!!
http://www.engadget.com/tag/B7610/
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5024
the Louvre's 3.5-inch WVGA AMOLED screen, 800MHz processor, and 5.1 megapixel camera match up nicely with the Omnia line.

Last edited by esqueue; 10-27-2009 at 03:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg2004 View Post
The touch pro 2 is alright its not worth having a 2 year agreement I know by having the contract it makes it cheaper but waiting 2 years with a phone that has the same processor isnt worth it and believe me I want the tp2 its just the new android phones are comming out and windows 6.5 phones are comming out soon so If you can be patient which i know is hard new better phones are on its way like the tmobile snapdragon phone with a 1 gigahertz processor now thats a phone thats going to be hot or the Htc hd 2. Good luck on your phone hunt. check ebay for phones but make sure you buy from a trusted seller hope this helps
THIS helped big time! I have OFFICIALLY given up for the phone hunt as a present for Christmas - and switched over to the Netbook treasure hunt!

Luckily (IF... I understand this correctly, and thanks to eternal size-1 font on Verizon's legal documents, I could be wrong) but my "New Every 2" allows me to upgrade to a new handset every 24 months without actually signing yet another 2 yr contract.

Since, technically, I have not purchase a NEW PHONE (thus requiring a new contract) since the POCKET PC 6700 (LOL!) because I have always had Asurion with Alltel and every year or so I would (ahem, happen to have some sort of mishap, and thus being upgraded to the newest HTC model that Alltel continued to upgrade their inventory to) I could upgrade to the HTC Touch Pro-2 for $199 without a contract. (Let me know if I'm wrong.)

Anyway........ oh yeah, I am DEFINITELY waiting until WinMo 6.5 AND/OR Android 2.0 to be come stable, ubiquitous, and less expensive; say... Q2 of next year

Now.... about dat' Netbook!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
http://www.engadget.com/tag/B7610/
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5024
the Louvre's 3.5-inch WVGA AMOLED screen, 800MHz processor, and 5.1 megapixel camera match up nicely with the Omnia line.
You da' man! You've both been thanked

Phew...... I don't know exactly what it is, but why does it seem to be innate within a large contingency of the male species, to actually feel excited about new technology!? Oh well, I guess its all part and parcel of the human experience... 500hp cars, women in bikinis.... and of course 1ghz cell phone processors

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro