PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Hi, my wife could get me a new Touch-P 2 from Verizon for Xmas - worth it though???

Hey everyone

We are doing a budget Christmas, only getting 2 gifts for each other max this year - and being a tech addict, I was asking for a netbook and MAYBE a new PPC, because I've had (overall) good experiences with my (formerly) Alltel HTC TP phone.

Now that I am a Verizon customer, as of last week - I can upgrade due to my contract (new every 2) to a HTC Touch Pro-2 for $199.

My questions are...
1) Is it worth it?
2) What (if any) true advantages will I see and realize for the $200?
3) Maybe the TP-2 isn't the best choice, maybe the new Win6.5 HTC Imagio (spelling?)

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!!

ps: if anyone has any netbook suggestions to go along with this duo, let me know, I would really appreciate it. I am looking for something that can handle multi-tasking, preferably win7 (but xp is totally ok) and has a great sturdy feel with a lot of usb ports
Old 10-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Hi, my wife could get me a new Touch-P 2 from Verizon for Xmas - worth it though?

I would wait for something that is a true upgrade.. With the TP2 and all over the other windows mobile devices out right now you are pretty much getting the same internal hardware packaged in a different exterior.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Re: Hi, my wife could get me a new Touch-P 2 from Verizon for Xmas - worth it though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
I would wait for something that is a true upgrade.. With the TP2 and all over the other windows mobile devices out right now you are pretty much getting the same internal hardware packaged in a different exterior.
VERY GOOD point! Wow, that's why I love getting outside input from good sources, thanks again.

Sometimes I, like many I'm sure, am a sucker for "what's new, best, and shiny (lol)" and it only ends up hurting me in the wallet without giving me the best true performance upgrade that is measurable or noticeable.

PS: Any netbook suggestions... I think I'll stick with that for Christmas; I wish I could find a good dual-atom Netbook, or at least something with 2-4gb RAM and HD vid capability for around $250
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

asbestos is a n00b

Either the netbook, or the new Driod. Unless you need Windows Mobile for something, that device is looking HOT!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 PM
WTF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

WTF is a n00b

I personally lost hope in the Touch Pro 2. Mass outage is part of the blame. But when you really get down to things the Touch Pro 2 is a great dissapointment. Its processor and ram have no true improvement and the screen it still resistive. When I buy a phone for the holidays it will not be the Touch Pro 2 because it is just not worth the upgrade...and I could do MUCH better.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Save your upgrade. Pass on grass
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

The TP2 is what HTC gave us instead of fixing their broken tp1. **** HTC and their practices.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

wow you guys are harsh, i was hooked just by the tilt screen the keyboard but the clencher for me was STANDARD OUTPUT JACK sweet!

Last edited by soinkster; 10-25-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinkster View Post
wow you guys are harsh, i was hooked just by the tilt screen the keyboard but the clencher for me was STANDARD OUTPUT JACK sweet!
I have a TP2 now, and trust me, all of those are GREAT. But it is running on a year old platform, with 2 year old OS. Two things that make it not worth shelling out $200-$350 for an upgrade.

Coming from any other phone, or a smartphone from 2-3 years ago... yeah go for it. If you have a TP.... no way.

I must say though, the bigger screen is muy awesome.

Save your upgrade for something with newer guts; you shouldnt have to wait more than a quarter.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

I see your point but I look at my touch pro like pftt this old thing...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro