View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 PM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hi, my wife could get me a new Touch-P 2 from Verizon for Xmas - worth it though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg2004 View Post
The touch pro 2 is alright its not worth having a 2 year agreement I know by having the contract it makes it cheaper but waiting 2 years with a phone that has the same processor isnt worth it and believe me I want the tp2 its just the new android phones are comming out and windows 6.5 phones are comming out soon so If you can be patient which i know is hard new better phones are on its way like the tmobile snapdragon phone with a 1 gigahertz processor now thats a phone thats going to be hot or the Htc hd 2. Good luck on your phone hunt. check ebay for phones but make sure you buy from a trusted seller hope this helps
THIS helped big time! I have OFFICIALLY given up for the phone hunt as a present for Christmas - and switched over to the Netbook treasure hunt!

Luckily (IF... I understand this correctly, and thanks to eternal size-1 font on Verizon's legal documents, I could be wrong) but my "New Every 2" allows me to upgrade to a new handset every 24 months without actually signing yet another 2 yr contract.

Since, technically, I have not purchase a NEW PHONE (thus requiring a new contract) since the POCKET PC 6700 (LOL!) because I have always had Asurion with Alltel and every year or so I would (ahem, happen to have some sort of mishap, and thus being upgraded to the newest HTC model that Alltel continued to upgrade their inventory to) I could upgrade to the HTC Touch Pro-2 for $199 without a contract. (Let me know if I'm wrong.)

Anyway........ oh yeah, I am DEFINITELY waiting until WinMo 6.5 AND/OR Android 2.0 to be come stable, ubiquitous, and less expensive; say... Q2 of next year

Now.... about dat' Netbook!