PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM
Re: Sprint warranty (keyboard doesn't work)

Do you have to have the units activated for over 30 days? I personally flipping through all my phones like clothings..

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 09-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
since u have no insurance, you are only entitled to HTCs warranty..

have fun with them though, you ship your phone and wait weeks without a deviice..

fix it yourself, read the stickie on it, its pretty simple
You dont need tep if you have a defective device that doesnt have physcial or liquid damage. I dont have tep and my tp has been replaced several times through tech support and at the store with no issues
Old 09-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero and Touch Pro

rareskillz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rareskillz Send a message via MSN to rareskillz Send a message via Yahoo to rareskillz

I came a cross a post that the connections for the Keyboard just need to be reseated. This happens a lot when you swap out batteries. The post had pictures included, but it looks like it was taken down.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhy View Post

Edited to add: I meant to mention that I don't have insurance. From what I understand, my problem is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, and Sprint's offer is covered by the manufacturer.
Yes, you are correct. Its best to go to a repair store though, they seem to be a little more helpful. Make a relationship with someone there, they may take better care of you then. My replacement was completely brand new, and the only issue was the chrome was cracking on my old phone. They could have replaced the chrome trim, but gave me the option to order a new one and i said only if its new not refurb, and he said there was one new one and got it for me.

I took my friend with me cause his glass broke under the touch screen and he didnt care if it was refurb, but said it looked brand new. Just didnt come with any accessories though, and the NIB ones do.

Last edited by Talon Pro; 09-02-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:19 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just called sprint technical support. Told them my keyboard no longer works and asked if the phone can be replaced through the advanced exchange program. Replacement phone is on its way, didn't have to go through the insurance and having to pay $50 for the deductible...now if they could only send a TP2 instead...lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

Spydr is a n00b

My screen stopped working on Sat. nite (29/Aug).
I called sprint, asked for retention dept., and after the usual stressful conversation, they agreed to replace my phone for new due to a still valid Mfgr. Wnty.
Yours is still under warranty correct? You don't need insurance to replace a factory defect within the warranty period.
Whatever you do, don't do the repair yourself while it's under warranty. That voids the coverage.
Just call
sprint and talk to as many Cust. Service people and Advance Tech support People as you have to to get your warranty honored.
THEN add the 7.00 insurance to your bill(it's worth it).
Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
since u have no insurance, you are only entitled to HTCs warranty..
have fun with them though, you ship your phone and wait weeks without a deviice..
fix it yourself, read the stickie on it, its pretty simple
Maybe that is the way it is with Verizon but not Sprint.

With Sprint, Sprint handles the HTC warranty the first year. I had a defective 4 month old Touch Pro and it was replaced with new in box Touch Pro right there in the store and I have no TEP or any extra insurance or warranty .

Sprint handles the warranty if you are in the first year for all its phones and you don't need to "wait weeks" not even hours, and you don't need to pay anything. I don't know why people have the extra insurance, for what I would have paid on my lines over the years it would have cost me thousands.

If they give you a refurb it is 30 days or one year since you purchased the original whichever is longer.

Why recommend they fix it themselves in the link you gave since this will void the warranty? Sprint will handle it for free.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

Sprint covers defects if your phone is lost, stolen, dropped down steps, ect... thats not covered and thats where the insurance comes in
Old 09-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kava is a n00b

my keyboard stopped working also. took it to the repair shop to get it fixed. came back 2 hrs later and they gave me a new phone. the lady herself said it's not a referb. i did have the $7 insurance though..
Old 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
rdm
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Treo Pro

rdm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kava View Post
my keyboard stopped working also. took it to the repair shop to get it fixed. came back 2 hrs later and they gave me a new phone. the lady herself said it's not a referb. i did have the $7 insurance though..
If it is under a year old, you would get same result without the insurance.
http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-upda...nty-fees-7628/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro