PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do you Perfer.. Titanium or Manila?
Titanium 43 34.13%
Manila 83 65.87%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Titanium or Manila...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
I have one of the fastest WM6.5 roms available: Dcd's 2.06. WM is a dog no matter what phone it's on. It's just a more tolerable dog when you have everything tweaked out, reduxed, and have fewer programs installed.

Also, you had to tweak your phone down to match the speed of the iPhone (which if you actually had an iPhone next to your phone, you'd see the difference right off and realize there was still a performance difference).

Make some YouTube videos of you putting iPhones to shame. Show off your 3 frames-per-sec video, load up 6 or more programs and start talking in a slower/lower voice so they don't notice the molasses-in-january response of the OS, and impress them with your "I never need to reset that often" declarations.

Rest assured, Apple would gladly put your YouTube videos on their main website.
Again...WinMo wasn't designed for ONE device unlike Apple who has control over software and hardware. so of course it will run smoother

stop *****ing and go buy an iphone
Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Again...WinMo wasn't designed for ONE device unlike Apple who has control over software and hardware. so of course it will run smoother
That's a cop-out if I ever heard one. Android runs a lot better than WM and that's on different devices (albeit we don't have that many to choose from at this point).

I'm not here to rabidly defend Microsoft or Apple or anyone else like some crazed fanboi coming off a Mountain Dew high. *nudge nudge* But I will call on HTC and Microsoft and whoever else to step up to the plate and make a contender, not a clunker.

I use the iPhone as an example because it is the most widely distributed "smart phone" in America and these competitors have been more worried about appearances and shiny surfaces and iPhone-like whatevers rather than the actual nuts and bolts of the phone that truly matter.

When someone throws a statement like "my phone runs just as good as an iPhone" comment out there, I'll call them on it (especially if I know otherwise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
stop *****ing and go buy an iphone
Now that's a childish statement.

*Ahem* and I sorta like Titanium more. (See! I'm on topic!)
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
That's a cop-out if I ever heard one. Android runs a lot better than WM and that's on different devices (albeit we don't have that many to choose from at this point).

I'm not here to rabidly defend Microsoft or Apple or anyone else like some crazed fanboi coming off a Mountain Dew high. *nudge nudge* But I will call on HTC and Microsoft and whoever else to step up to the plate and make a contender, not a clunker.

I use the iPhone as an example because it is the most widely distributed "smart phone" in America and these competitors have been more worried about appearances and shiny surfaces and iPhone-like whatevers rather than the actual nuts and bolts of the phone that truly matter.

When someone throws a statement like "my phone runs just as good as an iPhone" comment out there, I'll call them on it (especially if I know otherwise).

*Ahem* and I sorta like Titanium more. (See! I'm on topic!)
First of all how many android phones are there? Not many compared to WinMo. And the android statement is again, a really matter of opinion and not fact. I've used my friends G1 for a few days and was all but glad to get back on my TP

How is that a cop out? It's perfect logic. If I have ONE device, manipulating an OS to run on that ONE device isn't as hard as having an OS run on all the different WinMo phones with vastly different specs (i.e. Mogul vs TP)

And lets not forget the iPhone is really just piggybacking off of the iTouch. So turning it into a phone didn't take much.

If MS were to release its own device (Pink - which we were all hoping for), that phone would kill!

That's why WinMo 7 is such a huge deal! Cause its implementing Hardware standards so the OS can be alot more refined!

MS is really slow on the development of WinMo 7. And they're messing up cause they're going to continue to support 6.5 devices alongside 7

oh...and u do come off as a fanboy
Old 08-25-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

iPhone dude: Hey look at this new applet I got
TP dude: Oh yeah? Check this out!
TP dude: *fumbles around with phone*
TP dude: Hmmm... just a second. *resets phone*
2 minutes later
TP dude: Ok man, check this out!
TP dude: Wait... it's not done loading yet.
iPhone dude: Wow! That's great man! Hey, I gotta ... ... go ... some ... where ... else. Later!
TP dude: WHY DOESN'T THE WORLD ACKNOWLEDGE THE SUPERIORITY OF MY PHONE!!!
TP dude: *resets phone*

LOL, I completely disagree with you (I have a 2nd gen ipod touch & my TF3D setup is just as responsive), but this post did crack me up!!!!

~John
Old 08-25-2009, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10

LOL, I completely disagree with you (I have a 2nd gen ipod touch & my TF3D setup is just as responsive), but this post did crack me up!!!!

~John
Glad to provide some comedy relief.

Let me ask you this though, the TF3D interface may be fast enough, but what about when it comes to loading programs like your GPS mapping device or Office Excel or some other memory hog of a program? How does that compare to the iPod Touch?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Glad to provide some comedy relief.

Let me ask you this though, the TF3D interface may be fast enough, but what about when it comes to loading programs like your GPS mapping device or Office Excel or some other memory hog of a program? How does that compare to the iPod Touch?
The TP is not real fast to load a GPS mapping program (I use GarminXT), but the touch doesn't have GPS at all. I have GPS built into my truck, so I rarely use it in the TP anyway.

If I am going to use Excel, I'll do it in my LT not my phone so I really have no idea how that loads.

I am not anti-iphone like most posters here by the way, I LOVE my touch & if you could use an iphone on Verizon service I would buy one tomorrow but I would keep one of my TP's also.

The TP certainly wasn't near as responsive as the touch until I swapped ROM's & tweaked the hell out of it, but they are fairly comparable now really.

~John
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I voted Manilla. Use it on my TP and also use 2D on my regular touch.
I eliminated People, set soft button to contacts on home and eliminated launcher, there is a "start" button at top for programs...duh.. I also got rid of operator, myfaves, footprints and photo (use Album on START, moved it to one of the top options.)

My 2nd option would be SPB MS3, just because it's very finger friendly and I hate to use the stylus!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Quote:
Seriously... how many of you guys/gals are whipping out your TPs in front of friends who own an iPhone and trying to show off? Not many, unless you are a masochist.

iPhone dude: Hey look at this new applet I got
TP dude: Oh yeah? Check this out!
TP dude: *fumbles around with phone*
TP dude: Hmmm... just a second. *resets phone*
2 minutes later
TP dude: Ok man, check this out!
TP dude: Wait... it's not done loading yet.
iPhone dude: Wow! That's great man! Hey, I gotta ... ... go ... some ... where ... else. Later!
TP dude: WHY DOESN'T THE WORLD ACKNOWLEDGE THE SUPERIORITY OF MY PHONE!!!
TP dude: *resets phone*
I see what you trying to say here, but what if you got both the iPhone and TP xD

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post
So I dont know why but I have been seeing more and more people using titanium... And personally I have to say I dont really like it and was wondering what people saw in it.. I use TF3D Regularly and normally love it... Figured I would see what you guys think. Thanks!
What i love about it is that its not eye candy and gets the job done, and is now finger friendly. The only thing i don't like about it is the music player (i love tf3d music player) tf3d uses too much ram and no matter how much you tweak it, it will never run as smooth or fast as titanium. but this is what makes winmo so much better then all of the other popular phones (pre, instinct, iphone, blackberry) we have so many choices for our phones and are not stuck on any particular ui.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 AM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
What i love about it is that its not eye candy and gets the job done, and is now finger friendly. The only thing i don't like about it is the music player (i love tf3d music player) tf3d uses too much ram and no matter how much you tweak it, it will never run as smooth or fast as titanium. but this is what makes winmo so much better then all of the other popular phones (pre, instinct, iphone, blackberry) we have so many choices for our phones and are not stuck on any particular ui.
Hmm...I never thought that TF3D was slow or a resource hog. I always considered Titanium to be more eye candy :P

But I agree...the choices of UI makes winmo unique

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro