PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dragon042 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS Lag Fix!

Thanks so much for this fix! It works perfectly!

I can also confirm that the cab file works as well. ^_^
Old 07-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

so i found something out on accident......

i went to forward a message and it imported the txt i had to a new sms window and then it showed the amount of txt on the bottom in the window. if i went to type more it wouldnt count it. this could maybe help with the "count every x or when idle" ideas.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Quick queston.... If i install the sms160 cab then use the cab here to take off the count will I have to hard reset? and if I dont will my phone go crazy...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

maximiliano is a n00b

I have the MightyRom6 with this fix incorporated and it kinda drives me nuts not having the counter. Unfortunately not all my friends have smartphones or iphones and I get the whole "dude stop sending truncated texts" gripe.

Here's a thought for a half-arsed workaround... can the composing font be changed to courier new? or at least a standard fixed width font? This way you can remember how many characters there are per row and just do the quick math.

I also use SMS to update my Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace status all in one shot so the character counter is extremely useful to me.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
Quick queston.... If i install the sms160 cab then use the cab here to take off the count will I have to hard reset? and if I dont will my phone go crazy...
You won't have to reset anything, there shouldn't be any problem. In fact that sms160 cab I think just changes the counter to display 160 instead of 130 which my fix just removes all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximiliano View Post
I have the MightyRom6 with this fix incorporated and it kinda drives me nuts not having the counter. Unfortunately not all my friends have smartphones or iphones and I get the whole "dude stop sending truncated texts" gripe.

Here's a thought for a half-arsed workaround... can the composing font be changed to courier new? or at least a standard fixed width font? This way you can remember how many characters there are per row and just do the quick math.

I also use SMS to update my Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace status all in one shot so the character counter is extremely useful to me.

I looked into changing the font to Courier New and I just need to brush up on my xml a little I think. I tried changing the CSS to use font-family: Courier New; but that didn't seem to help at all. I'll keep playing around and let you know if I find anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks bradyonly. I am running mighty rom 6 and it has your fix in it already and i just installed the sms160 but it didnt bring back the counter is that right i thought it would bring it back. I dont want it back but do I have to reinstall the cab from here so I wont get a lag?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:10 AM
N00b
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well I guess test it out, if you're getting the lag after installing sms160 then you might need to reinstall the cab in this thread.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

well it didnt bring back the counter but then I installed the sprint picture mail and poof its back. Not really getting any lag but I can see that I will eventually. The longer I use texting it kinda shows signs of lag so I will probably install the awsome cab you have here to fix by the end of the day...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
well it didnt bring back the counter but then I installed the sprint picture mail and poof its back. Not really getting any lag but I can see that I will eventually. The longer I use texting it kinda shows signs of lag so I will probably install the awsome cab you have here to fix by the end of the day...
yeah anythime you install something like that it comes back. if you install arcsoft it will come back also. thats why when i flashed my phone i edited them 2 files last so i would only have to do it once.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't know if anyone has noticed this thread but basically if you disable the vertical scroll bar, it also helps with the lag. I'm sure if someone CABS both these fixes up together there shouldn't be any lag at all!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ar#post1059859

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro